THE DISEASE INCIDENCE ANALYSIS OF THE SCABIES IN TAJIKISTAN
1Department of Dermatovenereology, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
2Local Dermatovenereological Dispensary, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Objective: The study of the dynamics of the disease incidence of scabies in the Republic of Tajikistan and its administrative regions for 1991- 2014.
Methods: According to the medical clearing-house of the Ministry of Health and Social Development of the Republic of Tajikistan, carried out the study of the intensive indices (II) of the disease incidence of scabies in the Republic of Tajikistan and its administrative regions for 1991-2014.
Results: There are five different periods in the republic: the rise (1991-1996), the peak (1997), the sharp (1998) and slow (1999-2003) reduction, and stabilization (2004-2014). A comparative analysis of II the disease incidence of scabies was carried out in the administrative regions of the Republic of Tajikistan. Above the Republican II, the disease incidence of scabies was in Dushanbe and in regions of republican subordination, much lower in the regions of the Republic. A sharp increase in the disease incidence of scabies was first reacted in 1996 to Dushanbe (467.9). In 1997, peaks were registered in the whole country (463.6), Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region (93.6), Khatlon Region (275.4) and Sughd Region (58.4). Later all this process came in 1998 in the Regions of the Republican Subordination (308.7).
Conclusions: The disease incidence of scabies in Dushanbe at 19 years was higher than the Republican one and only at the peak of the disease incidence rate in the Republic (1997) is lower. II morbidity scabies in the Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region, Khatlon and Sughd regions in almost all cases. Only in 2004 (in 1.7 times) and in 2004 (in 2 times) II of the disease incidence of scabies in the Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region was higher than in the Republic. Over a 23-year period, the disease incidence of scabies in Tajikistan decreased in 5 times (14.9 against 73.9). A similar situation was registered in Sughd region – 4.6 times (5.9 against 27.3) and districts of Republican Subordination – 3.9 times (28.3 against 109.7). The highest rate of decline in morbidity was registered in the Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region in 20.9 times (2.8 against 58.8), the lowest in the Khatlon region – 1.9 times (13.6 against 25.8). In Dushanbe, the disease incidence fell to 12.1 times (18.5 against 224.2). The obtained data are evidence of weak anti-epidemic measures in the foci of scabies.
Keywords: Scabies, disease incidence, intensive indices, rates of decline and growth rates.
- Sokolova TV, Malyarchuk AP. Chesotka: sostoyanie problemy. Chast’ 1. Zabolevaemost’, etiologiya, epidemiologiya, klinika [Scabies: state of problem. Part 1. Morbidity, etiology, epidemiology, clinics]. Ukrainskiy zhurnal dermatologii, venerologii, kosmetologii. 2012;46(3):12-24.
- Skripkin YuK, Butov YuS, Ivanov OL. Dermatovenerologiya. Natsional’noe rukovodstvo [Dermatovenereology. National guideline]. Moscow, RF: GEOTAR-Media; 2011. p. 414-42.
- Malyarchuk AP, Sokolova TV, Vazhbin LB. Zabolevaemost’ chesotkoy: gde istina, a gde zazerkal’e? [Prevalence of scabies: where’s true, and where’s false?] Rossiyskiy zhurnal kozhnykh i venericheskikh bolezney. 2013;3:41-6.
- Luzan NV, Skovpen GA. Mediko-sotsial’nye aspekty zabolevaemosti chesotkoy v krupnom promyshlennom regione (na primere Kemerovskoy oblasti) [Health and social aspects of the incidence of scabies in large industrial region (on the example of Kemerovo region)]. Vestnik poslediplomnogo meditsinskogo obrazovaniya. 2009;2:69-70.
- Zoirov PT, Ustobaeva TT, Abdieva DKh. Zabolevaemost’ chesotkoy detskogo kontingenta v Tadzhikistane [Incidence of scabies in children in Tajikistan]. Vestnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2013;2:106-9.
- Ustobaeva TT, Zoirov PT, Abdieva DKh. Osobennosti klinicheskogo techeniya uzelkovoy chesotki [Features of the clinical course of nodular scabies]. Vestnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2012;1:113-7.
- Ustobaeva TT, Abdieva DKh, Saidov BI, Dyrda NI, Valieva MS. Dinamika invazirovaniya chesotki v semeynykh ochagakh [Dynamics of scabies invasion in family foci]. Zdravookhranenie Tadzhikistana. 2016;3:5-10.
- Donald BS, Orteu C, Swale V. Bullous scabies associated with positive direct immunofluorescence. British Journal of Dermatology. 2013;169(1): 90-1.
- Alsamarai AM. Frequency of scabies in Iraq. Survey in a dermatology clinic. J Infect Dev Ctries. 2009;3(10):779-83.
- Chung SD, Wang KH, Huang CC. Scabies increased the risk of chronic kidney disease: a 5-year follow-up study. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology. 2014;28(3):286-92. Available from: http:// dx.doi.org/10.1111/jdv.12099.
- Asad F, Khan M, Samdani A. To study therapeutic effect and benefit on quality of life in scabies patients. Medical Forum Monthly. 2011;22(11): 34-7.
- Chosidow O. Scabies. N Engl J Med. 2006;354(16):1718-27
- Gaspard L, Laffitte E, Michaud M. Scabies in 2012. Rev Med Suisse. 2012;8(335):718-22.
- Coignard B. Skin diseases in rural Yucatan, Mexico. Int J Dermatol. 2012; 51(7):823-8.
- Hafner C. Skabies. Der Hautarzt. 2009;2:145-59.
Abdieva Dilbar Khodzhievna, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Dermatovenereology, Avicenna TSMU
Ustobaeva Takhmina Tugralovna, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Doctordermatologist of the Local Dermatovenereological Dispensary
Valieva Mukhabbat Saidalievna, Assistant of the Department of Dermatovenereology, Avicenna TSMU
Dyrda Nina Ivanovna, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Senior Lecturer, Department of Dermatovenereology, Avicenna TSMU
Conflict of interest: No conflict
Address for correspondence:
Abdieva Dilbar Khodzhievna
Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Dermatovenereology, Avicenna TSMU
734003, Republic of Tajikistan, Dushanbe, Rudaki Ave., 139
Tel.: (+992) 907 905530
Materials on the topic:
- CLINICAL AND IMMUNOLOGICAL CHANGES OF NON-GONOCOCCAL URETHRITIS
- ANDROGEN-DEPENDENT DERMOPATHY IN WOMEN WITH KELOID SCARS
- INSTRUMENTAL AND MORPHOLOGICAL DIAGNOSTICS CRITERIA OF THE HERPES ZOSTER
- CLINICAL AND IMMUNOLOGICAL СHARACTERISTICS OF ACUTE NECROTIZING FORM OF CUTANEOUS LEISHMANIASIS
- MODERN VIEW TO PITYRIASIS VERSICOLOR: SOME ASPECTS OF PATHOGENESIS AND CLINICAL FEATURES IN CONDITIONS OF TORRID CLIMATE