ANALYSIS OF INDUSTRIAL-CAUSE OF MORBIDITY IN CONFECTIONERY FACTORY STAFF
1Department of Hygiene and Ecology, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
2Science Clinical Institute of Dentistry and Maxillofacial Surgery, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Objective: Assessment of the dependence of morbidity with temporal disability (MTD) on the influence of unfavourable factors of the industrial environment of workers in a confectionery factory.
Methods: The data from the sick lists for the analysis of the MTD were used over the period of three years from 345 workers in the main workshops of the “Shirin” confectionery factory. In the elaboration were taken the sick lists of workers who worked for at least 1 year in the caramel (115), confectionery-chocolate (120) and biscuit (110) shops. A total of 2,120 hospital sheets were analyzed. The average indices of the MTD, the Student's criteria, and the coefficients of the pair correlation were calculated.
Results: The number of incapacity for work in the caramel, candy-chocolate and biscuit shops for three years was 123.8±12.8; 118.3±12.5 and 122.6±13.2 respectively. The number of days of incapacity for work in the first workshop is 1493.5±25.7, the second workshop – 1165.7±23.9, the third shop – 1384.2±25.1 days per 100 workers, while the duration of one case was 12.06±1.0; 9.85±1.1 and 11.29±1.0 days, respectively. The lowest indices were observed in candy-chocolate, the highest in the caramel workshop. According to the grading scale of E.L. Notkin (1979), the indicators in cases and days in all three shops correspond to a "high" level. There was statistically significant dynamic growth in MTD, depending on the age and length of service among workers in all shops. An analysis of the structure of morbidity showed that respiratory diseases (acute viral infections of upper respiratory tract, nasopharyngitis, tracheitis, bronchitis, pneumonia) occupy the largest proportion; second place – diseases of the cardiovascular system (hypertension, CHD). In the third place, the employees of the caramel and candy-chocolate shops had diseases of the digestive system, and in the workers of the biscuit shop – diseases of the musculoskeletal system. The relationship between MTD and unfavourable factors of the working environment are proved with the coefficients of the pair correlation.
Conclusion: The indicators of MTD in confectionery production staff, in all three workshops, are estimated at a high level. These indicators depend on the degree of the activity of harmful production factors and standing, which dictates the need to develop recommendations, funds for improving working conditions and improving the health of workers in confectionery factories.
Keywords: Occupational hygiene, morbidity with temporal disability, factor of production.
- Eglite ME, Reste ED, Churbakova EV, Vanadzinsh IA. Usloviya truda, faktory riska na rabochem meste i posledstviya ikh vozdeystviya na zdorov'ye trudyashchikhsya Latvii [Working conditions, risk factors in the workplace and the impact of their influences on the health of workers in Latvia]. Meditsina truda i promyshlennaya ekologiya. 2009;6:6-13.
- Chebotaryov AG, Prokhorov VA. Usloviya truda i professional'naya zabolevaemost' rabochikh predpriyatiy po proizvodstvu alyuminiya [Working conditions and occupational morbidity of workers in the production of aluminum]. Meditsina truda i promyshlennaya ekologiya. 2009;2:5-9.
- Kharlashova NV, Chebotaryov PA. Vliyanie faktorov proizvodstvennoy sredy na zabolevaemost' s vremennoy utratoy trudosposobnosti rabotayushchikh neftepererabatyvayushchego predpriyatiya [Influence of factors of the environment on morbidity with a temporary disability to workers of working in oil refinery]. Gigiena i sanitariya. 2015;94(3):48-52.
- Onishchenko GG. Sostoyanie usloviy truda i professional'noy zabolevaemosti rabotnikov Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Working conditions and occupational morbidity of workers of the Russian Federation]. Gigiena i sanitariya. 2009;3:66-70.
- Izmerov NF. Natsional’naya sistema meditsiny truda kak osnova sokhraneniya zdorov’ya rabotayushchego naseleniya Rossii [National system of occupational medicine as a basis for preserving the health of the working population of Russia]. Zdravookhranenie Rossiyskoy Federatsii. 2008;1:7-8.
- Babaev AB, Yusupov ZYa, Ibragimov IU. Osobennosti usloviy truda rabotnits karamel'nykh i konfetno-shokoladnykh tsekhov v usloviyakh zharkogo klimata [Features of working conditions of female workers in caramel and candy-chocolate manufactories in hot climate conditions]. Vestnik Akademii meditsinskikh nauk Tadzhikistana. 2016;2:74-9.
- Sitdikov RZ, Kamaev IA, Piskaryov YuG. Sotsial'no-gigienicheskie i professional'nye faktory, vliyayushchie na zdorov'e rabotnikov konditerskoy fabriki [Socio-hygienic and occupational factors affecting the health of workers in a confectionery factory]. Problemy standartizatsii v zdravookhranenii. 2012;7-8: 31-5.
- Razgulin SA, Piskaryov YuG, Kamaev IA, Sitdikov RZ. Gigienicheskie aspekty obespecheniya bezopasnykh usloviy truda rabotnikov pishchevoy promyshlennosti [Hygienic aspects of ensuring safe working conditions for workers in the food industry]. Meditsinskiy al'manakh. 2012;2(5):18-22.
- Yusupova VK, Kurbanova ShI. Analiz zabolevaemosti rabotayushchikh s vremennoy utratoy trudosposobnosti [Analysis of morbidity with temporary disability of working population]. Molodoy uchyonnyy. 2016;11:1195-8.
- Kuz'min SV, Khasanova GN, Oranskiy IE, Roslaya NA. Kachestvo zhizni u rabochikh kriolitovogo proizvodstva v zavisimosti ot trudovogo stazha [Quality of life among workers in cryolite production, depending on the labor length]. Meditsina truda i promyshlennaya ekologiya. 2012;6:14-7.
- Beknazarova G. Gigienicheskaya otsenka usloviy truda v razlichnykh tsekhakh alyuminievogo proidvodstva i vliyanie vrednykh proizvodstvennykh faktorov na slizistuyu obolochku verkhnikh dykhatel’nykh putey [Hygienic assessment of working conditions in various manufactories of aluminum production and the effect of harmful occupational factors on the mucosa of the upper respiratory tract]. Vestnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2012;2:142-6.
- Artamonova GV, Maksimov SA, Ivanova OA, Indukaeva EV. Napryazhyonnost’ trudovoy deyatel’nosti i arterial’naya gipertoniya [Tension of labor activity and arterial hypertension]. Meditsina truda i promyshlennaya ekologiya. 2012;1:1-6.
- Belozyorova SM. Osobennosti formirovaniya zabolevaemosti v usloviyakh industrial’nogo truda i novykh tekhnologiy [ Features of formation of morbidity in conditions of industrial work and new technologies]. Meditsina truda i promyshlennaya ekologiya. 2011;3:13-9.
- Sitdikov RZ, Piskaryov YuG, Razgulin SA, Kamaev IA. Sovremennye osobennosti sostoyaniya zdorov’ya rabotnits konditerskoy fabriki [Modern features of the health status of female workers in a confectionery factory]. Meditsinskiy al’manakh. 2012;3(22):10-3.
Ibragimov Inomdzhon Usmanovich,
The Competitor of the Department of Hygiene and Ecology of the Avicenna TSMU
Babaev Abdunaim Babaevich,
Doctor of Medical Sciences, Full Professor, Professor of the Department of Hygiene and Ecology of the Avicenna TSMU
Yusupov Zarif Yakubdzhanovich,
Candidate of Medical Sciences, Head of the Department of Implantology of the Scientific Clinical Institute of Dentistry and Maxillofacial Surgery
Conflict of interest: No conflict
Address for correspondence:
Ibragimov Inomdzhon Usmanovich
The Competitor of the Department of Hygiene and Ecology of the Avicenna TSMU
734003, Republic of Tajikistan, Dushanbe, Rudaki Ave., 139
Tel.: (+992) 917 151643
Materials on the topic:
- PARASITIC CONTAMINATION OF FRUIT AND BERRY PRODUCTS OF THE ASTRAKHAN REGION
- RETROSPECTIVE ANALYSIS OF THE PARASITIC CONTAMINATION OF SOIL SAMPLED IN THE ASTRAKHAN REGION IN 2011-2015
- PARASITOLOGICAL INDICATORS OF FOOD SAFETY
- STUDY OF THE FLUORINE CONTENT IN THE HOUSEHOLD AND DRINKING WATER IN THE TURSUNZADE SETTLEMENTS
- MORBIDITY WITH TEMPORAL DISABILITY AMONG DRIVERS OF PASSENGER VEHICLES IN METROPOLIS CONDITIONS
- ANALYSIS OF THE LEVEL OF ATMOSPHERIC AIR POLLUTION OF URBAN ENVIRONMENT (ON THE EXAMPLE OF CHITA CITY)
- THE STATE OF BODY THERMOREGULATION OF DRIVERS OF PASSENGER VEHICLES WHEN WORKING IN DIFFERENT SEASONS OF THE YEAR
- HYGIENIC ESTIMATION OF VITAMINS A, E and β-CAROTENE CONTENT IN RATION OF CADETS AT MILITARY LYCEUM, BISHKEK