APPLICATION OF A TWO-STEP SCREENING SYSTEM IN COMPLEX EVALUATION OF PSYCHOSOCIAL STATUS IN PATIENTS WITH CORONARY HEART DISEASE
1National Center of Cardiology and Internal Diseases named after academician Mirsaid Mirrakhimov, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
2Kyrgyz-Slavic Russian University named after B.N. Eltsyn, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Objective: To study the features of the clinical and psychosocial profile using a two-step screening system in patients with coronary heart disease (CHD).
Methods: In 115 patients with the stable CHD, conducted a general clinical examination with an assessment of the psychosocial status using the European Society of Cardiologists Questionnaire, the scales of the anxiety and depression of Hamilton, and the DS-14 questionnaire.
Results: Analysis of the clinical status revealed a severe course of CHD in more than 40% of patients prevailing conditional risk factors (arterial hypertension, obesity, dyslipidemia), as well as low adherence to medicamentous therapy (statins, nitrates, calcium blockers, diuretics) and interventional procedures. The psychological status of those surveyed was characterized by a high rate of hostility (36.5%), personality type D (29.5%), anxiety (16.5%) and depression (6.9%), low socioeconomic status (6.9%), stress at work and in family life (6%).
Conclusions: The two-step screening system with application of European Society of Cardiologists Questionnaire, Hamilton’s anxiety and depression scales, DS-14 questionnaire are recommended to use for well-timed verification of psychosocial risk factors in coronary heart disease patients with the aim to detect existing barriers to treatment and to optimize treatment and medioprophylactic measures.
Keywords: Coronary heart disease, psychosocial factors.
- Moran АЕ, Forouzanfar MH, Roth GA, Mensah GA, Ezzati M, Murray CJ, et al. Temporal trends in ischemic heart disease mortality in 21 world regions, 1980 to 2010: the Global Burden of Disease 2010 study. Circulation. 2014;129:1483-92.
- World Health Organization. Global status report on non-communicable diseases. Available from: http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstre am/10665/44579/1/9789240686458_eng. pdf. 2010.
- Zdorov’e naseleniya i deyatel’nost’ organizatsiy zdravookhraneniya Kyrgyzskoy Respubliki v 2015 godu [Population health and activity of the Health Care System organizations in Kyrgyz Republic]. Byulleten’ Respublikanskogo mediko-informatsionnogo tsentra. Bishkek, KR; 2016. p. 2-5.
- Perk J, De Backer G, Gohlke H, Graham I, Reiner Z, Monique VM, et al. European Guidelines on cardiovascular disease prevention in clinical practice (version 2012). The Fifth Joint Task Force of the European Society of Cardiology and Other Societies on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice (constituted by representatives of nine societies and by invited experts). European Heart Journal. 2012;33:1635-701.
- Piepoli MF, Hoes AW, Agewall S, Albus C, Brotons C, Catapano AL, et al. 2016 European Guidelines on cardiovascular disease prevention in clinical practice. The Sixth Joint Task Force of the European Society of Cardiology and Other Societies on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice (constituted by representatives of 10 societies and by invited experts). European Heart Journal. 2016;37(29):2315-81.
- Zuccarella-Hackl C, von Känel R, Thomas L. Higher macrophage superoxide anion production in coronary artery disease (CAD) patients with Type D personality. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2016;2(68):186-93.
- Pogosova N, Kotseva K, De Bacquer D, von Känel R, De Smedt D, Bruthans J, et al. Psychosocial risk factors in relation to other cardiovascular risk factors in coronary heart disease: Results from the EUROASPIRE IV survey. A registry from the European Society of Cardiology. Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2017;24(13):1371-80.
- Albus C. Psychosocial risk factors: Time for action in the lifelong prevention of coronary heart disease. Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2017 ;24(13):1369-70.
- Chandola T, Britton A, Brunner E. Work stress and coronary heart disease: what are the mechanisms? Eur Heart J. 2008;29:640-8.
- van Montfort E, Denollet J, Widdershoven J, Kupper N. Validity of the European Society of Cardiology’s Psychosocial Screening Interview in Patients With Coronary Artery Disease-The THORESCI Study. Psychosom Med. 2017;79(4):404-15.
- Polupanov AG, Khalmatov MN, Altymysheva AT, Makhmudov MT, Mamasaidov ZhA, Cheskidova NB, i dr. Rasprostranyonnost’ arterial’noy gipertenzii i psikhosotsyal’nykh faktorov sredi zhiteley Kyrgyzskoy Respubliki trudosposobnogo vozrasta (po dannym mezhdunarodnogo issledovaniya “INTEREPID” [Prevalence of essential hypertension and psychosocial factors among working-age population of the Kyrgyz Republic (data of international study “INTEREPID”]. Vestnik Kyrgyzsko-Rossiyskogo Slavyanskogo universiteta. 2014;14(5):123-7.
- Mukhtarenko SYu, Murataliev TM, Neklyudova YuN, Zventsova VK, Okunova AA. Affectivnye rasstroystva i kachestvo zhizni u bol’nykh coronarnoy bolezn’yu serdtsa pri razlichnykh metodakh lecheniya [Affect disorders and life quality in coronary heart disease patients under different treatment]. Kardiovaskulyarnaya terapiya i profilaktika. 2015;14(4):18-21.
- Sumin AN, Raykh AN, Sumina LYu, Barbarash NA. Tip lichnosti D pri serdechnososudistykh zabolevaniyakh: klinicheskoe znachenie, metodika vyyavleniya [Type D personality in cardio-vascular diseases: clinical importance, detection method]. Kemerovo, RF; 2012. 53 p.
- Pogosova N, Saner H, Pedersen SS, Cupples ME, Mc Gee H, Hofer S, et al. Psychosocial aspects in cardiac rehabilitation: From theory to practice. A position paper from the Cardiac Rehabilitation Section of the European Association of Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation of the European Society of Cardiology. Kardiologiia. 2015;55(10):96-108.
- van Montfort E, Denollet J, Vermunt JK, Widdershoven J, Kupper N. The tense, the hostile and the distressed: multidimensional psychosocial risk profiles based on the ESC interview in coronary artery disease patients - the THORESCI study. Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2017;47:103-11.
- Solozhenkin VV. Izbnrannye lektsii po psikhiatrii dlya vrachey-kardiologov [Selected lectures for cardiologists]. Bishkek, KR: Izdatel’stvo KRSU; 2011. 135 p.
Zalesskaya YuIiana Vladimirovna, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Senior Researcher, Head of the Coronary Heart Disease and Atherosclerosis Department, National Center of Cardiology and Internal Diseases named after academician Mirsaid Mirrakhimov
Dzhumagulova Aynagul Seksenalievna, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Full Professor, Director of the National Center of Cardiology and Internal Diseases named after academician Mirsaid Mirrakhimov
Kydyralieva Ryskul Bekbaevna, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Full Professor, Deputy Director for Organizational Issues of the National Center of Cardiology and Internal Diseases named after academician Mirsaid Mirrakhimov
Ten Vladimir Illarionovich, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Head of the Department of Psychology, Psychiatry and Psychotherapy of the Kyrgyz-Slavic Russian University named after B.N. Eltsyn
Nelyubova Tamara Alekseevna, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Psychology, Psychiatry and Psychotherapy of the Kyrgyz-Slavic Russian University named after B.N. Eltsyn
Address for correspondence:
Zalesskaya YuIiana Vladimirovna
Candidate of Medical Sciences, Senior Researcher, Head of the Coronary Heart Disease and Atherosclerosis Department, National Center of Cardiology and Internal Diseases named after academician Mirsaid Mirrakhimov
720040, Kyrgyz Republic, Bishkek, Togolok Moldo str. 3
Tel.: (+996) 312 622790, (+996) 778 402298
Materials on the topic:
- FEATURES OF REMODELLING OF THE LEFT VENTRICULAR MYOCARDIUM IN PATIENTS WITH ARTERIAL HYPERTENSION OF ELDERLY AGE WITH COMORBID DEPRESSION
- TREATMENT OF CHRONIC HEART FAILURE IN MIDDLE-AGED MEN WITH DEPRESSION
- GENDER STEREOTYPES OF THE PERSONALITY AND FAMILY SETTINGS IN PATIENTS WITH RESISTANT ARTERIAL HYPERTENSION
- THE INFLUENCE OF HIGHLY ACTIVE ANTIRETROVIRAL THERAPY ON SPECTRAL INDICES OF HEART RHYTHM IN PATIENTS WITH HIV INFECTION
- HIGH-TECHNOLOGICAL MEDICAL AID IN ACUTE CORONARY SYNDROME IN THE UDMURT REPUBLIC
- INFLUENCE OF THE MAIN LEFT CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE ON THE LEFT VENTRICULAR CONTRACTILE FUNCTION IN THE LONG TERM PERIOD