VARICOCELE RELAPSE CAUSES
1Department of Surgical Diseases and Endosurgery, Institute of Postgraduate Education in Healthcare, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
2Departments of Plastic and Microsurgery; Endovideosurgery; Reconstructive Surgery, Republican Scientific Center for Cardiovascular Surgery, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
3Department of Endourology, Scientific-Educational and Clinical Center of Urology, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Objective: Identification of the causes of relapse after surgical treatment of varicocele
Methods: Thirty-nine patients with varicocele relapse at the age of 18 to 36 years were examined. All patients were previously operated by other medical institutions. In addition, to general clinical and laboratory methods of examination, patients underwent Dopplerography of testis vessels in orthostasis and clenostasis using Valsalva and Flaty maneuvers.
Results: With varicocele relapse, three hemodynamic types of venous outflow disturbance have been detected in the internal seminal vein and various microsurgical methods of treatment have been suggested based on this. The relapse of the disease after repeated operations was not observed.
Conclusions: Microsurgical methods of varicocele relapse are alternative traditional ways and proved it’s sufficiently high efficiency
Keywords: Varicocele relapse, hemodynamic varicocele types, microsurgical treatment.
- Artykov KP, Yuldashev MA, Saidov MS, Fayziev KhZ. Sravnitel’naya otsenka razlichnykh khirurgicheskikh metodov lecheniya varikotsele pri patospermii [Comparative evaluation of various surgical methods of varicocele treatment in case of pathospermia]. Vestnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2016; 1: 12-6.
- Gamidov SI. Khirurgicheskoe lechenie varikotsele u muzhchin s besplodiem [Surgical treatment of varicocele in men with infertility]. Farmateka. 2010;18-19:44-8.
- Glumakov AA. Varikotsele [Varicocele]. Meditsinskiy vestnik. 2013; 39:4-8.
- Zini A. Varicocelectomy: microsurgical subinguinal technique is the treatment of choice . Urol Assoc J. 2007;1(3):273-6.
- Chalyy ME, Artykov KP, Yuldashev MA. Testikulo-nizhneepigastral’nye anastomozy v lechenii varikotsele [Testiculo-lower-epigastric anastomoses in the treatment of varicocele]. Vestnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2016;2:28-31.
- Artykov KP, Kurbanov UA, Davlyatov АА, Baratov AK. Formirovanie testikuloiliakal’nykh venoznykh anastomozov pri lechenii varikotsele [Formation of testiculo-iliac venous anastomoses for varicocele treatment]. Angiologiya i sosudistaya khirurgiya. 2002;4:57-61.
- Umarov BA. Sravnitel’naya otsenka rezul’tatov khirurgicheskogo lecheniya varikotsele [Comparative evaluation of the results of surgical treatment varicocele]. Vestnik Kyrgyzsko-Rossiyskogo slavyanskogo universiteta. 2012; 12(9):129-31.
- Baazeem A. Varicocele and male factor infertility treatment: a new metaanalysis and review of the role of varicocele repair. European Urology. 2011; 60(4):796-808.
- Artykov KP, Yuldashev MA, Odinaev KhS, Khomidov FB. Sosudistye dreniruyushchie operatsii pri varikotsele [Vascular drainage operations with varicocele]. Vestnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2012;1:15-21.
- Kondoh N. Results of microsurgical varicocelectomy in the adolescent. The Japanese Journal of Urology. 2009;100(4):519-24.
- Kapto AA, Vinogradov IV. K patogenezu retsidivnogo varikotsele [To the pathogenesis of recurrent varicocele]. Urologicheskie vedomosti. 2017;7:46-8.
- Glassberg KI. Evaluation and management of the persistent/recurrent varicocele. Urology. 2011;77(5):1194-8.
- Osipov NG, Teplinskaya NP, Sobolenko YuA, Alekseychuk GI. Izmeneniya arkhitektoniki ven, dreniruyushchikh lozovidnoe spletenie, i pokazateley spermatogeneza u bol’nykh s vpervye vyyavlennym i retsidivnym varikotsele [Changes in the architectonics of veins draining the lobate plexus, and spermatogenesis in patients with newly diagnosed and recurrent varicocele]. Andrologiya i genital’naya khirurgiya. 2014;2:30-6.
- Kovrov VI. Anatomo-tipologicheskie podkhody k diagnostike i vyboru metoda operativnogo lecheniya bol’nykh varikotsele [Anatomico-typological approaches to diagnosis and choice of surgical treatment of patients with varicocele]. Byulleten’ SO RAMN. 2010;2:114-8.
- Yuldashev MA, Artykov KP, Khomidov FB. Tipy narusheniya venoznoy gemodinamiki pri varikotsele [Types of disturbance of venous hemodynamics in varicocele]. Nauchno-prakticheskiy zhurnal TIPPMK. 2013;2:218-9.
- Kravtsov YuA, Makarov VI, Sichinava Z., Polushin OG, Yavorskaya MV. Rol’ sindroma nedifferentsirovannoy displazii soedinitel’noy tkani v retsidivirovanii varikotsele [The role of the syndrome of undifferentiated connective tissue dysplasia in the recurrence of varicocele]. Sibirskiy meditsinskiy zhurnal. 2011;2: 92-6.
Muhiddinov Nuriddin Davlatalievich, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Head of the Department of Surgical Diseases and Endosurgery, Institute of Postgraduate Education in Healthcare
Malikov Mirzobadal Khalifaevich, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Research Fellow of the Department of Plastic and Microsurgery, Republican Scientific Center for Cardiovascular Surgery
Rashidov Fakhriddin Shamsiddinovich, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Research Fellow of the Department of Endovideosurgery, Republican Scientific Center for Cardiovascular Surgery
Odinaev Hokimbeg Saidovich, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Head of the Department of Endourology, Scientific Educational and Clinical Center for Urology
Abdulloev Zikriyo Rakhimboevich, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Research Fellow of the Department of Reconstructive Surgery, Republican Scientific Center for Cardiovascular Surgery
Address for correspondence:
Muhiddinov Nuriddin Davlatalievich
Doctor of Medical Sciences, Head of the Department of Surgical Diseases and Endosurgery, Institute of Postgraduate Education in Healthcare
734025, Republic of Tajikistan, Dushanbe, I. Somoni Ave., 59
Tel.: (+992) 919 246916