METHAPHYLAXIS OF NEPHROLITHIASIS IN CHILDREN AT THE ENDEMIC REGION
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University, Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan
Objective: Improving the diagnosis, treatment and metaphylaxis of nephrolithiasis in children.
Methods: Under observation was 201 patients with nephrolithiasis aged from one to 14 years. The following risk factors were identified: urological diseases in the immediate family, which was accompanied by metabolic disorders (68.5%); abnormalities of the urinary tract (37%); the age of mothers over 40 (43.3%); related marriages (16.7%).
Results: Conducted conservative treatment was effective only in 14 patients with small kidney stones, in other cases, an open surgical removal of stones: pyelolithotomy (98), sparing nephrolithotomy (68), calicolithotomy (11). Nephroureterectomy with calculous pyonephrosis performed on four patients (1.9%). With obstructive purulent calculous pyelonephritis, a radical technique of primary nephrolithotomy with nephrostomy was used. For the purpose of metaphylaxis, after discharge from the hospital, systematic observations of children conducted in a polyclinic.
Conclusions: The main metaphylaxis measures for urolithiasis at the outpatient stage should be aim to the sanation of the urinary tract, normalization of urine pH, correction of metabolic disturbances, and treatment of concomitant somatic diseases.
Keywords: Urolithiasis, prophylaxis, operative treatment, metaphylaxis, ambulatory care.
- Avdoshin VP, Andryukhin MI, Israfilov MN, Annenkov AV, Atamanova EA. Lechenie i metafilaktika uratnovo i smeshannogo urolitiaza [Treatment and metaphylaxis of urate and mixed urolithiasis]. Urologiya. 2012;3:7-10.
- Akopyan AB, Zorkin SN, Vorobyov LE, Shakhtovskaya DS, Mazo AM. Otsenka sostava konkrementa v lechenii mochekamennoy bolezni u detey [Assessment of concrement composition in the treatment of urolithiasis in children]. Detskaya khirurgiya. 2015;1:42-5.
- Atoev IK, Azizov BА. Dietoterapiya u detey s khronicheskoy pochechnoy nedostatochnost’yu kal’kulyoznoy etiologii [Dietotherapy in children with chronic renal failure calculous etiology]. Vestnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2010;1:61-4.
- Gadzhiev NK, Vasiliev AG, Tagirov NS, Musoev SА. Metod raschyota riska formirovaniya dvukhstoronnego nefrolitiaza [The method of estimation of risk of bilateral nephrolithiasis formation]. Vestnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2014;2:50-6.
- Gilmytdinov BR, Gilmytdinov AR. Rol’ mineral’nykh vod v reabilitatsii bol’nykh mochekamennoy bolezn’yu posle litotripsii [Mineral water in rehabilitation of urolithiasis patients after lithotripsy]. Meditsinskiy vestnik Bashkortostana. 2013;2:34-8.
Makhmadzhonov Dodardzhon Makhmadzhonovich, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Pediatric Surgery, Avicenna TSMU
Sultonov Sherali Rakhmonovich, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Head of the Department of Pediatric Surgery, Avicenna TSMU
Boboev Zabirullo Abdulloevich, Postgraduate Student of the Department of Pediatric Surgery, Avicenna TSMU
Address for correspondence:
Mahmadzhonov Dodardzhon Makhmadzhonovich
Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Pediatric Surgery, Avicenna TSMU
734003, Republic of Tajikistan, Dushanbe, Rudaki Ave., 139
Tel.: (+992) 951 525728