EFFICIENCY OF TUBERCULOSIS DIAGNOSTICS IN CHILDREN'S POPULATION
1Republican Center for the Protection of the Population from Tuberculosis, Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan
2Dushanbe City Children's Tuberculosis Hospital, Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan
3City Center for the Protection of the Population from Tuberculosis, Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan
Objective: Assisting to medical workers both of phthisiology institutions and primary health care in identifying and timely diagnosing tuberculosis (TB) in children.
Methods: The data of state statistics analyzed on the total number of detected cases of tuberculosis and the number of identified cases of tuberculosis among children in the Republic of Tajikistan for 2013-2017. In addition, during the same period studied the data of all patients treated by tuberculosis at the Dushanbe City Children's Tuberculosis Hospital.
Results: The ratio of active TB among children and adults in the period 2013-2017 ranged from 10.8% to 11.8%. The ratio of the number of sick children with multiple drug resistance of TB (MDR) to the total number of cases of child TB in the same period showed a tendency to increase from 4.3% to 6.5%. In 2017, the incidence of pulmonary TB with MBT (+) was 54.8%, including 16% for children aged 0-4 years, 37.5% for 5-14 years, and 69.3% for children aged 15-17 years.
Conclusions: The tuberculosis process in children has its own features. Timely diagnostics, including the induced collection of bronchial secretion and application of the latest genetic technologies, greatly accelerates the verification process of the diagnosis and detection of both sensitive and resistant forms of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. There is an increase in the primary drug resistance of TB among children, which again confirms the need for a thorough examination of all contact persons.
Keywords: Tuberculosis, children, sputum induction, features of detection, symptoms, anamnesis, contact, microbiological methods.
- OUT OF STEP/Bor’ba s tuberkulyozom v vos’mi stranakh Vostochnoy Evropi i Tsentral’noy Asii. Issledovanie metodik praktiki diagnostiki, lecheniya i profilaktiki tuberkulyoza [The fight against tuberculosis in the eight countries of Eastern Europe and Central Asia. Study of methods of diagnostics, treatment and prevention of tuberculosis]. Medecins Sans Frontieres and Partnership Stop TB. Geneva; 2017. 78 р.
- Raviglione MC, Snider DE, Kochi A. Global epidemiology of tuberculosis. Morbidity and mortality of a worldwide epidemic. JAMA. 2008;273:220-26.
- Аksyonova VА, Leiv DТ, Klevno NI. Тuberkulyoz u detey i podrostkov [Tuberculosis in children and adolescents]. Моscow, RF: GEOTAR-Media; 2009. 272 p.
- Аksyonova VА, Baryshnikova LA, Sevastyanova ТА, Klevno NI. Tuberkulyoz u detey v Rossii: zadachi ftiziatricheskoy i obshchey pediatricheskoy sluzhby po profilaktike i rannemu viyavleniyu zabolevaniya [Tuberculosis in children in Russia, the tasks of the phthisiatric and general pediatric service for the prevention and early detection of the disease]. Tuberkulyoz i bolezni lyogkikh. 2014;3:40-6.
- Turitsa АА, Porkulevich NI, Tsygankova ЕА. Vnelyogochnyy tuberkulyoz u detey za 20-letniy period [Extrapulmonary tuberculosis in children over a 20-year period]. Vestnik sovremennoy klinicheskoy meditsiny. 2015;8(1):6-9.
- Raviglione MC, Rieder HL, Styblo K. Tuberculosis trends in Eastern Europe and former USSR. World Health Organization, Geneva; 2007. 176 р.
- Raviglione MC. The global epidemiology of tuberculosis. Intern J Tuberc and Lung Dis. 2008;5:7-8.
- Аbsadykova FT, Моrozko EB, Аybekova МК. Rasprostranenie i osobennosti techeniya tuberkulyoza u detey [Distribution and features of the course of tuberculosis in children]. Tuberkulyoz i bolezni lyogkikh. 2008;1:11-3.
- Аksyonova VА, Klevko NI, Kavtarashvili SM. Ochag tuberkulyoznoy infektsii i ego znachenie v razvitii tuberkulyoza u detey [The focus of tuberculosis infection and its significance in the development of tuberculosis in children]. Tuberkulyoz i bolezni lyogkikh. 2015;1:19-24.
- Аksyonova VА. Infitsirovannost’ i zabolevaemost’ tuberkulyozom detey kak pokazatel’ obshchey epidemiologicheskoy situatsii po tuberkulyozu v Rossii [Infection and incidence of tuberculosis in children, as an indicator of the overall epidemiological situation of tuberculosis in Russia]. Tuberkulyoz i bolezni lyogkikh. 2008;1:6-9.
- Аksyonova VА. Тuberkulyoz u detey v Rossii [Tuberculosis in children in Russia]. Tuberkulyoz i bolezni lyogkikh. 2008;4:91-8.
- Аksyonova VA. Tuberkulyoz u detey i podrostkov v sovremennikh usloviyakh [Tuberculosis in children and adolescents in modern conditions]. Tuberkulyoz i bolezni lyogkikh. 2013;5:21-8.
- Raviglione MC, Sudre P, Rieder HL, Spinaci S, Kochi A. Secular trends of tuberculosis in Western Europe. Bulletin of the World Health Organization. 1993;71(3-4): 297.
- Shilova MV. Specific features of the spread of tuberculosis in Russia at the end of the 20-th century. Ann NY Acad Sci. 2008;953:124-32.
- Brinza N, Zegrea V, Cernat R. Pulmonary tuberculosis (TBp) in children aged between 0-4 years. Europ Resp J. 2008;22:3694.
- Reed SG, Alderson MR, Dalemans W. Prospects for a better vaccine against tuberculosis. Tuberculosis. 2008;83:213-9.
- Pritchard AJ, Hayward AC, Monk PN. Risk factors for drug resistant tuberculosis in Leicestershire – poor adherence to treatment remains an important cause of resistance. Epidemiol Infec. 2008;130(3):481-3.
Sharipov Bobodzhon Pirmakhmadovich, Deputy Director of the Republican Center for the Protection of the Population from Tuberculosis
Yusupdzhanova Dzhema Mukhamedzhanovna, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Phthisiatrician, Republican Center for the Protection of the Population from Tuberculosis
Melikov Dustmurod Ashurmurodovich, Phthisiatrician of Dushanbe City Children's Tuberculosis Hospital
Islomov Alisher Makhmadsoevich, Phthisiatrician of City Center for the Protection of the Population from Tuberculosis
Address for correspondence:
Sharipov Bobodzhon Pirmakhmadovich
Deputy Director of the Republican Center for the Protection of the Population from Tuberculosis
734025, Republic of Tajikistan, Dushanbe, Bukhoro str., 53
Tel.: (+992) 900 007444
Materials on the topic:
- STIGMA AND DISCRIMINATION ASSOCIATED WITH TUBERCULOSIS
- IMPROVEMENT RESULTS OF DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF ABDOMINAL TUBERCULOSIS
- ABDOMINAL TUBERCULOSIS: RETURN TO SURGERY
- DYNAMICS OF THE INDICATORS OF LUNG DESTRUCTION AND HORMONAL BACKGROUND AS A PREDICTIVE MARKER OF THE EFFECTIVENESS OF MULTIDRUG RESISTANT TUBERCULOSIS TREATMENT
- EFFICACY OF TUBERCULOSIS CASES DETECTION AMONG THE POPULATION OF DUSHANBE IN THE REPUBLIC OF TAJIKISTAN
- ULTRASOUND DIAGNOSTICS OF ABDOMINAL TUBERCULOSIS IN THE CONDITIONS OF THE OUTPATIENT-DIAGNOSTIC DEPARTMENT
- THE FREQUENCY OF DEVELOPMENT OF TUBERCULOSIS AMONG CITIZENS OF THE REPUBLIC OF TAJIKISTAN, LEAVING TO LABOR MIGRATION
- THE ROLE OF THE IMPLANTABLE PORT SYSTEM FOR THE CENTRAL VENOUS ACCESS IN TREATMENT OF PULMONARY TUBERCULOSIS WITH MULTIPLE AND EXTENSIVELY DRUG RESISTANCE (PRELIMINARY RESULTS)
- SURGICAL TREATMENT OF PULMONARY AND EXTRAPULMONARY TUBERCULOSIS
- THE INFLUENCE OF BCG VACCINATION ON THE STRUCTURE OF CLINICAL FORMS OF TUBERCULOSIS IN CHILDREN FROM THE FOCI OF INFECTION AND FROM UNSPECIFIED CONTACT FOR TUBERCULOSIS