CORRECTION OF SOFT-TISSUE DEFECTS AND CONSEQUENCES OF NEUROVASCULAR BUNDLES DAMAGE OF THE UPPER EXTREMITIES
1Department of Surgical Diseases № 2, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University, Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan
2Department of Operative Surgery and Topographic Anatomy, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University, Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan
3Republican Scientific Center for Cardiovascular Surgery, Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan
Objective: Improving the results of the post-traumatic soft tissue defects and the consequences of damage of the neurovascular bundles of the upper limbs (CDNBUL), determining the sequence of repairing damaged structures.
Methods: The results of various surgical interventions in 60 patients with soft tissue defects and CDNBUL were analyzed. Causes of soft tissue defects and CDNBUL were: severe degree Volkmann’s contracture (24), complications of various wounds of the forearm and hand (19), the consequences of damage to electric machines (8), electrical injury (5) and gunshot wounds (4). Concomitant damage was noted to 52 arteries, intersection 32 and compression of 16 nerve trunks; the area of defects varied from 80 cm2 to 95.47 cm2.
Results: An important criterion in the treatment of this category of patients is the determination of the stages of the operation. Depending on the duration of the injury and the nature of the damage, as well as the functional significance of the hand, in some cases skin and fascial (33) were used, in others – skin and muscle (24), and also avascular grafts (3). The nature of operations on damaged underlying structures also depended on the type of lesion. If the indications for the restoration of damaged nerve trunks were absolute in all cases (neurolysis – 8, epineural suture – 9, autonervous plasty – 10), then during restoration of vessels, indications for reconstruction were narrowed (reconstruction of arteries – 28, arteriolysis – 4). The final rehabilitation of victims in some cases was achieved by corrective operations on the hand itself.
Conclusions: Achieving final functional results for soft tissue defects and CNDBUL requires the application of a number of complex reconstructive interventions.
Keywords: Soft-tissue defects of the upper limb, transplants, Volkmann’s contracture, neurovascular bundle.
- Trofimov EI, Gurdzhidze TYu, Suvorov NA, Mekhtikhanova GM. Ustranenie myagkotkannykh defektov i rubtsovykh deformatsiy distal’nykh otdelov konechnostey svobodnymi mikrokhirurgicheskimi autotransplantatami [Elimination of soft tissue defects and scarring deformities of the distal parts of extremities using free microsurgical autotransplants]. Annaly plasticheskoy, rekonstruktivnoy i esteticheskoy khirurgii. 2010;2:66-72.
- Aristov AM, Afaunov AA, Kurinnyy SN, Shevchenko AV. Opyt lecheniya bol’nykh s travmaticheskimi defektami kisti v Krasnodarskom krae [Experience of management patients with traumatic hand defects in Krasnodar region]. Innovatsionnaya meditsina Kubani. 2016;3:12-14.
- Dong-xin Lin, Hu Wang, Xue-dong Li, Shi-xin Du. Tree kinds of forearm flaps for hand skin defects: experience of 65 cases. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2011;131:675-80.
- Sergi G, Perissinotto E, Zucchetto M, Scomparin MA, Corbetti F, Coin A, et al. Long-term outcome of morphology and function after soft tissue injury of the forearm with vascular involvement. Annals of Vascular Surgery. 2013;27(5):599-605.
- Khodzhamuradov GM, Ismoilov MM, Saidov MS, Shaymanov AKh. Otsenka funktsional’nykh resul’tatov plastiki defektov verkhney konechnosti nesvobodnym pakhovym loskutom pri pomoshchi instrumenta bystroy otsenki DASH [Estimation of the functional results in plasty of upper extremity by groin flap by quick evaluation instrument DASH]. Doklady Akademii nauk Respubliki Tadzhikistan. 2015;58(2):167-73.
- Angly B, Constantinescu MA, Kreutziger J, Juon BH, Vogelin E. Early versus delayed surgical treatment in open hand injuries: a paradigm revisited. World J Surg. 2012;36:826-9.
- Gaibov AD, Belov YuV, Sultanov DD, Kalmykov EL. Ognestrel’nye raneniya sosudov [Gunshot injuries of vessels]. Dushanbe, RT: 2015. 130 p.
- Baranov NA, Maslyakov VV. Uluchshenie resul’tatov lecheniya patsientov s travmami nervov i sukhozhiliy putyom ob’ektivizatsii vybora sposoba ikh vosstanovleniya s uchyotom individual’nykh biomekhanicheskikh svoystv [Improvement of results patients with neural and tendons traumas by objectivation of choice the methods their reconstruction taking into account individual biomechanical abilities]. Voprosy rekostruktivno-plasticheskoy chirurgii. 2015;3:18-24.
- Corneille MG, Gallup TM, Villa C, Richa JM, Wolf SE, Myers JG, et al. Pediatric vascular injuries: acute management and early outcomes. The Journal of Trauma Injury, Infection, and Critical Care. 2011;70(4):823-8.
- Feliciano DV, Moore FA, Moore EE, West MA, Davis JW, Cocanour CS, et al. Evaluation and management of peripheral vascular injury. Part 1. Western Trauma Association/Critical Decisions in Trauma. The Journal of Trauma Injury, Infection, and Critical Care. 2011;70(6):1551-6.
- Gubochkin RG. Rekonstruktivno-vosstanovitel’noe lechenie ranenykh i postradavshikh s sochetannymi povrezhdeniyami sukhozhiliy i nervov verkhney konechnosti [Reconstructive-recovering treatment of patients with combined injuries of upper extremities’ tendons and nerves]. Vestnik Baltiyskogo federal’nogo universiteta im. I. Kanta. 2011;7:45-50.
- Moskvichyova MG, Shishkin EV. Organizatsia pomoshchi postradavshim v dorozhno-transportnykh proisshestviyakh za rubezhom [Aid organization for suffered in accident abroad]. Vestnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2014;2:126-30.
- Malikov MKh, Karim-zade GD. Rekonstruktivno-vosstanovitel’nye operatsii na verkhney konechnosti pri tyazhyolykh posledstviyakh travm [Reconstructiverecovering operations on upper extremity in severe consequences]. Vestnik Akademii meditsinskikh nauk Tadzhikistana. 2015;2:30-42.
- Malikov MKh, Karim-zade GD. Povrezhdeniya sredinnogo i loktevogo nervov pri chresmyshchelkovom perelome plecha [Injuries of median and ulnar nerves in transcondular shoulder fracture]. Vestnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2014;1:79-83.
- Dekaylo VP, Boloboshko KB, Tolstik AN, Askerko EA, Krylov AI, Khodkov EK. Sukhozhil’no-myshechnye transpositsii v reabilitatsii patsientov s narusheniyami funktsii kisti i pal’tsev [Tendon-muscle transposition of patients with function disorders of hands and digits]. Vestnik VGMU. 2017;16(3):46-53.
- Khodzhamuradov GM. Operatsii nevrotizatsii pri nevosstanovimykh defektakh nervnykh stvolov verkhnikh konechnostey [Neurotisation in nonrecovering defects of neural trunks of upper extremity]. Rossiyskiy mediko-biologicheskiy vestnik imeni akademika I.P. Pavlova. 2012;4:118-22.
- Artykov KP, Abdulloev ZR, Malikov MKh, Tadzhibaev KhS. Posttravmaticheskie osobennosti narusheniya krovoobrashcheniya pal’tsev i kisti [Posttraumatic features of blood circulation disorders in hand and digits]. Vestnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2013;1:15-22.
- Hughes K, Сubangbang M, Blackman K, Obisesan TO. Upper extremity bypass for chronic ischemia – a national surgical quality improvement program study database study. Vascular and Endovascular Surgery. 2013;47(3):192-4.
Karim-zade Gulandom Dzhangovarovna, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Assistant of the Department of Surgical Diseases № 2, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University
Malikov Mirzobadal Khalifaevich, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Head of the Department of Surgical Diseases № 2, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University
Ibragimov Erkindzhon Karimdzhonovich, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Assistant of the Department of Operative Surgery and Topographic Anatomy, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University
Khayrulloi Narzillo, Postgraduate Student of the Republican Scientific Center for Cardiovascular Surgery
Mirzobekov Khurshed Fayzmamadovich, Postgraduate Student, Department of Surgical Diseases № 2, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University
Makhmadkulova Nigora Akhtamovna, Assistant of the Department of Operative Surgery and Topographic Anatomy, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University
Address for correspondence:
Karim-zade Gulandom Dzhangovarovna
Candidate of Medical Sciences, Assistant of the Department of Surgical Diseases № 2, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University
734003, Republic of Tajikistan, Dushanbe, Rudaki Ave., 139
Tel.: +992 (918) 808766