EXPERIENCE OF THE USE OF VARIOUS METHODS OF SURGICAL TREATMENT OF THE CHEILOSCHISIS AND PALATE
1Department of Cardiovascular, Endovascular and Plastic Surgery, Institute of Postgraduate Education in Healthcare, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
2Department of Surgical Diseases and Endosurgery, Institute of Postgraduate Education in Healthcare, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Objective: To study the results of surgical treatment of patients with cheiloschisis and palate.
Methods: 230 patients with cheiloschisis and palate were examined in the period from 2009 to 2016. Patients with a congenital cleft of the upper lip were 55; patients with isolated cleft palate 152; and other patients have combined defects.
Results: A total of 287 surgical interventions were performed. It was established that the use of Millard’s operation in the congenital cleft of the upper lip is preferable to the Tennesy operation, despite the great difficulties in performing the first. When the defects of the soft palate were eliminated, the technique of using the posterior-pharyngeal flaps was most effective.
Conclusions: The choice of the method of surgical treatment of cheiloschisis and palate should be strictly individual, which ultimately contributes to a significant decrease of frequency of postoperative complications.
Keywords: Congenital cleft, muscles of soft palate, veloplasty, uranoplasty.
- Shaye D, Liu CC, Tollefson TT. Cleft lip and palate. Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics. 2015;23(3):357-72.
- Colbert SD. Contemporary management of cleft lip and palate in the United Kingdom. Have we reached the turning point? British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. 2015;53(7):594-8.
- Shi B, Losee JE. The impact of cleft lip and palate repair on maxillofacial growth. International Journal of Oral Science. 2015;7(1):14-24
- Bell A. Three-dimensional assessment of facial appearance following surgical repair of unilateral cleft lip and palate. The Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal. 2014;51(4):462-71.
- Russell K. A multicenter study using the SWAG scale to compare secondary alveolar bone graft outcomes for patients with cleft lip and palate. The Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal. 2016;53(2):180-6.
- Kuijpers MAR. Incidental findings on cone beam computed tomography scans in cleft lip and palate patients. Clinical Oral Investigations. 2014;18(4): 1237-44.
- Starikova NV. Osobennosti struktury, polozheniya i funktsii yazyka u patsientov s rasshchelinoy guby i nyoba po dannym ul’trazvukovogo issledovaniya [Features of the structure, position and function of the tongue in patients with cleft lip and palate according to ultrasound data]. Stomatologiya. 2012;3:56-60.
- Vasilieva EP. Osobennosti rechevykh narusheniy u detey pri vrozhdyonnoy rasshcheline guby i nyoba [Features of speech disorders in children with congenital cleft lip and palate]. Detskaya bol’nitsa. 2011;1:46-8.
- Eshiev AM, Davydova AK. Obzor effektivnosti operativnogo lecheniya bol’nykh s vrozhdyonnymi rasshchelinami verkhney guby, tvyordogo i myagkogo nyoba, poluchivshikh lecheniye v chelyustno-litsevom otdelenii Oshskoy mezhoblastnoy ob’edinyonnoy klinicheskoy bol’nitsy za period s 2010 po 2012 gg. [Review of the effectiveness of surgical treatment of patients with congenital cleft lip, hard and soft palate, who received treatment in the maxillofacial department of the Osh Interregional Joint Clinical Hospital for the period from 2010 to 2012]. Fundamental’nye issledovaniya. 2013;5:276-8.
- Peypl AD. (red.) Plasticheskaya i rekonstruktivnaya khirurgiya [Plastic and reconstructive surgery]. Moscow, RF: Binom. Laboratoriya znaniy; 2008. p. 860-877.
- Shaymonov AKh, Khodzhamuradov GM, Gulin AV, Khukumatshoev II. Vospalitel’nye zabolevaniya srednego ukha pri vrozhdyonnom nesrashchenii nyoba [Inflammatory diseases of the middle ear with congenital noninfirmity of the palate]. Vestnik Tambovskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. 2016;21(2):588-91.
- Shaymonov AKh, Khodzhamuradov GM, Kadyrov MKh, Saidov MS. Vybor metoda khirurgicheskogo lecheniya vrozhdyonnoy rasshcheliny nyoba [The choice of the method of surgical treatment of congenital cleft palate]. Vestnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2016;3:27-32.
- Shaymonov AKh, Khodzhamuradov GM, Kadyrov MKh. Primenenie faringeal’nogo loskuta dlya ukrytiya vrozhdyonnykh rasshchelin nyoba [The use of the pharyngeal flap to cover the congenital cleft palate]. Vestnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2015;4:35-8.
- Yusupov ZYa, Tairov UT, Ibragimov IU. Vozrastnye aspekty provedeniya operativnykh vmeshatel’stv pri vrozhdyonnykh rasshchelinakh nyoba [Age aspects of surgical interventions for congenital cleft palate cleft]. Vestnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2012;2:190-5.
- Kurbanov UA. Pervichnaya kheyloplastika i vtorichnaya kheylorinoplastika pri odnostoronnikh rasshchelinakh verkhney guby [Primary cheiloplasty and secondary cheilorinoplasty with unilateral clefts of the upper lip]. Vestnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2009;3:18-30.
- Shi B, Somerlad BS. Cleft lip and palate primary repair. Chengdu, China: Springer; 2013. p. 265-275.
Ismoilov Mukhtordzhon Marufovich, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Assistant of the Department of Cardiovascular, Endovascular and Plastic Surgery, Institute of Postgraduate Education in Healthcare
Mukhiddinov Nuriddin Davlatalievich, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Head of the Department of Surgical Diseases and Endosurgery, Institute of Postgraduate Education in Healthcare
Saidov Mahmadullo Sayfuloevich, The Competitor of the Department of Cardiovascular, Endovascular and Plastic Surgery, Institute of Postgraduate Education in Healthcare
Address for correspondence:
Mukhiddinov Nuriddin Davlatalievich
Doctor of Medical Sciences, Head of the Department of Surgical Diseases and Endosurgery, Institute of Postgraduate Education in Healthcare
734025, Republic of Tajikistan, Dushanbe, I. Somoni Ave., 59
Tel: (+ 992) 919 246916
Materials on the topic:
- OPTIMIZATION OF SURGICAL TREATMENT OF POST-BURNING TIGHTENING SCARS OF FRONT SURFACE OF THE NECK AND THE CHEST
- MODERN APPROACH TO THE DIAGNOSTIC AND SURGICAL TREATMENT OF THE NASAL SEPTUM CURVATURE
- SURGICAL TACTICS IN DISTAL LESIONS OF NERVE TRUNKS OF THE UPPER LIMBS
- SURGICAL TREATMENT OF POST-BURN SCARS OF NECK AND CHEST