ANALYSIS OF CRITICAL CASES OF LIFE-THREATENING WOMEN: FROM THE INTRODUCTION OF METHODOLOGY TO LEARNING LESSONS
Tajik Scientific Research Institute of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Perinatology, Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan
Objective: Examining the results of implementing a new methodology of analysis of critical cases in the work of an obstetric hospital in order to prevent the occurrence of deadly conditions in the maternity obstetric services and to improving emergency obstetric care.
Methods: The comparative analysis of 20 cases of critical states is conducted – exchange cards, childbirth and neonatal histories, critical case analysis (CCA) cards and women’s interviews: 14 cases of massive obstetric haemorrhage and 6 cases of severe hypertensive disorders with complications.
Results: The country supported by the WHO initiative on the analysis of critical states in obstetrics aimed at reducing maternal morbidity and mortality (2008). Experts trained the specialists from maternity obstetric service, including the staff of the Tajik Scientific Research Institute of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Perinatology. Using the proposed methodologies, a number of critical cases were examined at the meeting of the working group on the CCA from among specialists of the above-mentioned institution. Each individual subsequent audit session included the implementation report on the previously provided recommendations. The direct case study consisted of a discussing of the interview report and identifying the positive aspects of the patient’s vision, as well as missed opportunities of 20 cases of critical conditions – exchange cards, childbirth and neonatal histories. The study of critical cases of life-threatening women during pregnancy, childbirth and after delivery resulting from massive obstetric haemorrhage (14) and complications of severe pre-eclampsia (6). It turned out that positive moments of assisting in critical situations are the availability of necessary drugs and equipment institution, the introduction of guidelines and standards for the management of obstetric haemorrhage and hypertensive complications, as well as teamwork. Along with the positive moments, the missed opportunities were revealed – insufficient counselling, defects of antenatal and inpatient surveillance need to optimize the existing guidelines in the field of emergency conditions in obstetrics. Based on the decisions taken by the participants of the critical cases and the working group on the CCA, conducted 15 sessions as a senior secondary medical staff on various aspects of emergency obstetric care, prepared 4 draft orders, further signed by the administration and aimed at improving the work of organization and improving the quality of the rendered services. Based on the experience gained, a number of organizational measures aimed at prevention of possible complications were introduced.
Conclusions: Based on the results of the audit sessions, conclusions were drawn on the main directions in which the activity should be improved by: adapting some order manuals, orders and standards for the institutions, the establishment of a series of orders, continuously raising the level of knowledge improvement.
Keywords: Analysis of critical conditions, maternal mortality, severe hypertensive disorders, obstetric haemorrhages.
- Savelyeva GM, Kurtser MA, Shalina RA. Materinskaya smertnost’ u puti eyo snizheniya [Maternal mortality and ways to reduce it]. Akusherstvo i ginekologiya. 2009;3:11-4.
- Dodkhoeva MF, Khodzhibaeva TU, Ashurova GS. Materinskaya smertnost’ sredi pervorodyashchikh [Maternal mortality among primiparous]. Doklady Akademii nauk Respubliki Tadzhikistan. 2009;5:396-9.
- Buylashev TS, Ryskeldieva VT, Samigullina AE. Materinskaya smertnost’ i vozmozhnosti eyo prognozirovaniya v Kyrgyzskoy Respu-blike [Maternal mortality and the possibility of its prediction in the Kyr-gyz Republic]. Nauka, novye tekhnologii i innovatsii Kyrgyzstana. 2015;4:94-8.
- Zagidullina VM, Ryzhova AS. Materinskaya smertnost’, kak integral’nyy pokazatel’, otrazhayushchiy zdorov’e zhenshchin [Maternal mortality, as an integral indicator reflecting the health of women]. Voprosy ekonomiki u prava. 2015;83:163-6.
- Dodkhoeva MF, Olimova FZ. Sovremennye teorii etiopatogeneza i profilaktiki preeklampsii [Modern theories of etiopathogenesis and prevention of preeclampsia]. Vestnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2017;19(4):537-43. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.25005/2074-0581-2017-19-4-537-543.
- Kamilova MYa, Davlyatova GK, Rakhmatulloeva DM, Mulkamonova LN, Ishan- Khodzhaeva F.R. Rannie i pozdnie preeklampsii: techenie beremennosti, rodov i perinatal’nye iskhody [Early and late preeclampsia: the course of pregnancy, childbirth and perinatal outcomes]. Vestnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2016;4:34-8.
- Hinton L, Locock L, Knight M. Experiences of the quality of care of women with near-miss maternal morbidities in the UK. BJOG. 2014;121(Suppl. 4):20- 3. Available from: http://dx.doi/10.1111/1471-0528.12800.
- Lebedenko EYu. Near miss. Na grani materinskikh poter’ [Near miss. On the verge of maternal losses]. Moscow, RF: Status prezens; 2015. 184 p.
- Surina MN, Artymuk NV, Marochko TYu, Zelenina EM. Pogibshie i “edva ne pogibshie” zhenshchiny ot akusherskikh krovotecheniy: sotsi-al’nogigienicheskie i kliniko-anamnesticheskie osobennosti [Fatalities and «almost dead» women from obstetric hemorrhages: socio-hygienic and clinical-anamnestic features]. Mat’ i ditya v Kuzbasse. 2014;2:137-41.
- Murphy DJ, Charlett P. Cohort study of near-miss maternal mortality and subsequent reproductive outcome. European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology. 2002;2(102):173-8.
- Aylamazyan EK, Atlasov VO, Yaroslavskiy KV, Yaroslavskiy VK. Au-dit kachestva meditsinskoy pomoshchi pri kriticheskikh situatsiyakh v akusherstve (nеar miss) [Audit of quality of care in critical conditions in obstetrics (near miss)]. Zhurnal akusherstva i zhenskikh bolezney. 2016;65(4):15-23.
- Davlyatova GK, Kamilova MYa, Rakhmatulloeva DM. Vliyanie ispol‘zovaniya audita kriticheskikh sluchaev na izmenenie nekotorykh pokazateley akusherskikh krovotecheniy [Influence of the use of audit of critical caseson the change of some indicators of obstetric hemorrhages]. Zhurnal akusherstva i zhenskikh bolezney. 2018;67(1):13-9.
- Kamilova MYa, Rasulova GT, Alieva RYa, Talbova NS. Vnedrenie analiza kriticheskikh sluchaev v TNII AGiP: predvaritel’nye rezul’taty i dal’neyshie perspektivy [Introduction of the analysis of critical cases in the Tajik Scientific Research Institute of obstetric and gynecology: preliminary results and further perspectives]. Mat’ i ditya. 2013;2:12-6.
- Kamilova MYa, Rasulova GT, Pirova Z. Otsenka vnedreniya analiza kriticheskikh sluchaev, ugrozhayushchikh zhizni zhenshchiny pri provedenii monitoringa [Evaluation of the implementation of the analysis of critical cases that threaten the life of women during monitoring], Vestnik pedagogicheskogo universiteta. 2014;2:135-41.
- Belokrinitskaya TE, Yozefson SA, Liga VF, Anokhova LI. Audit sluchaev “near-miss” v Zabaykalskom krae v 2014 godu [Audit of «near-miss» cases in the Trans-Baikal Territory in 2014]. Zabaykal’skiy meditsinskiy vestnik. 2015;2:137-41.
Rasulova Gulnora Tairdzhanovna,
Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor, Head of the Department of Pregnancy Pathology № 2, Tajik Scientific Research Institute of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Perinatology
Rakhmatulloeva Dilnoza Manonovna,
Candidate of Medical Sciences, Senior Researcher of the Obstetric Department, Tajik Scientific Research Institute of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Perinatology
Mardonova Salomat Makhmudmurodovna,
Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor, Deputy Director for Medical Work, Tajik Scientific Research Institute of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Perinatology
Address for correspondence:
Rasulova Gulnora Tairdzhanovna
Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor, Head of the Department of Pathology of Pregnancy № 2, Tajik Research Institute of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Perinatology
734002, Republic of Tajikistan, Dushanbe, Tursunzade str., 31
Tel.: +992 (918) 610409
Materials on the topic:
- ASSESSMENT OF RISK FACTORS AND DETERMINING THE LEVEL OF PREVENTABLE FETAL DEATH IN WOMEN WITH TROUBLED PREGNANCY
- IMMUNOHISTOCHEMICAL MARKERS AND HISTOLOGICAL AND MORPHOLOGICAL CHANGES IN THE PLACENTA OF WOMEN, WHO GAVE BIRTH TO CHILDREN WITH ANENCEPHALY
- RISK FACTORS OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF PRENOSOLOGICAL FORMS OF POSTPARTUM PYOINFLAMMATORY DISEASES
- FEATURES OF THE MORPHOLOGICAL STRUCTURE OF THE PLACENTA OF PUERPERAS WITH GESTATIONAL DIABETES AND ANEMIA
- PREVENTION OF PLACENTAL INSUFFICIENCY IN PREGNANT WOMEN WITH DIFFUSE GOITER AND HYPOTHYROXINEMIA
- REPRODUCTIVE FUNCTION OF WOMEN WITH THE HISTORY OF DIFFUSE APPENDICULAR PERITONITIS IN CHILDHOOD
- PREVALENCE AND MEDICO-SOCIAL CHARACTERISTICS OF PREGNANT WOMEN WITH GESTATIONAL DIABETES MELLITUS IN COMBINATION WITH ANEMIA
- THE STRUCTURE OF CONGENITAL MALFORMATIONS OF THE FEMALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM (ACCORDING TO THE TAJIK SRI OF OBSTETRICS, GYNECOLOGY, AND PERINATOLOGY)
- ASSESSMENT OF RISK FACTORS OF PREMATURE BIRTH
- HISTOLOGICAL PICTURE OF THE PLACENTAE AND FEATURES OF CD34+ EXPRESSION IN THE CELLS OF ENDOTHELIUM OF CHORION VESSELS OF PREGNANTS WITH ANAEMIA