CASE OF CONTACT ALLERGIC DERMATITIS INDUCED BY BLACK SEED OIL
1Department of Dermatovenereology, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
In connection with increased popularity the usage of phytogenic medicaments, in the therapy of a variety diseases of a population in our region is widespread the oil of black seed (also known as caraway seeds). After the usage of black seed oil, there was a case described contactallergic dermatitis where it caused irritation. According to the recommendation of the doctor, the patient applies it in the form of tampons and lubricates the oil by her own to the inner surface of the thighs. A few days later, polymorphic rashes appeared on the skin, accompanied by oedema, itching, pain, burning and temperature. Based on clinical presentation and data of anamnesis set the diagnose «Contact allergic dermatitis, bullous form». The patient received general and local therapy. The patient with clinical improvement was discharged under the supervision of a dermatologist.
Keywords: Dermatitis, black seed oil.
- Akbarova MM, Juraev MN, Karimova NI. Osobennosti techeniya lekarstvennoy allergii [Specific features of course of drug allergy]. Vestnik poslediplomnogo obrazovaniya v sfere zdravookhraneniya. 2015;2:68-70.
- Lvov AN, Fedenko ES, Ivanov OL, Belousova TA, Polunina SS. Vozmozhnosti i perspektivy diagnostiki allergicheskogo kontaknogo dermatita v sovremennoy praktike [Possibilities and perspectives of diagnosis of allergic contact dermatitis at modern practice]. Rossiyskiy allergologicheskiy zhurnal. 2008;1:49-55.
- Makhiyanova E, Dreval I. Polnyy meditsinskiy spravochnik. Per. s angl. [A complete medical reference book]. Moscow, RF: AST, Astrel’; 2006. 1104 p.
- Macharadze DSh. Atopicheskiy dermatit: sovremennye metody diagnostiki i terapii [Atopic dermatitis: modern methods of diagnosis and treatment]. Moscow, RF: RPK «Liniya-Print»; 2011. 75 p.
- Saidov BI. Allergodermatozy u zhiteley raznykh vysot Tadzhikistana [Allergic dermatosis in residents of different heights of Tajikistan]. Vestnik Avicenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2010;4:127-30.
- Stepanova EV. Allergicheskiy kontaktnyy dermatit: osnovnye podkhody k diagnostike, lecheniyu i profilaktike [Allergic contact dermatitis: basic approach to diagnosis, treatment and prophylaxis]. Lechashchiy vrach. 2009;10:15-9.
- Khitov R, Ilina IN. Allergologiya. Klinicheskie rekomendatsii [Allergology. Clinical guidelines]. Moscow, RF: GEOTAR-Media: 2008. 240 p.
- Gao PS, Rafaels NM, Hand T. Filaggrin mutations that confer risk of atopic dermatitis, confer greater risk for eczema herpeticum. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009;124(3):507-13.
- Raap U, Kapp A. Neuroimmunological findings in allergic skin diseases. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol. 2005;5(5):419-24.
- Dotterud LK, Smith-Sivertsen T. Allergic contact sensitization in the general adult population: a population-based study from Nothern Norway. Contact Dermatitis. 2007;56(1):10-5.
- Mohrenschlager M, Darsow U, Schnopp C, Ring J. Atopic eczema: What’s new? J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2008;2:503-13.
- Keegel T, Moyle M, Dharmage S, Frowen K, Nixon R. The epidemiology of occupational contact dermatitis (1990-2007): a systemic review. International Journal of Dermatology. 2009;48:571-8.
Abdieva Dilbar Khodzhievna, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Dermatovenereology, Avicenna TSMU
Aliev Hayot Imomnazarovich, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Dermatovenereology, Avicenna TSMU
Valieva Mukhabbat Saydalievna, Assistant of the Department of Dermatovenereology, Avicenna TSMU
Dyrda Nina Ivanovna, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Senior Lecturer of the Department of Dermatovenereology, AvicennaTSMU
Address for correspondence:
Abdieva Dilbar Khodzhievna
Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Dermatovenereology, Avicenna TSMU
734003, Republic of Tajikistan, Dushanbe, Rudaki Ave., 139
Tel.: (+992) 907 905530