RARE CASE OF INFERIOR GLUTEAL ARTERY FALSE ANEURYSM FORMATION
1Department of Surgical Diseases № 2, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
2Department of Vascular Surgery, Republican Scientific Center for Cardiovascular Surgery, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
3Department of Cardiology with a Course in Clinical Pharmacology, Institute of Postgraduate Education in Healthcare, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
The article submitted a case of successful diagnostics and surgical treatment of a rare case of inferior gluteal artery false aneurysm formation due to the expressed retrograde blood flow. The probability of such a mechanism of aneurysm formation is possible in zones with rich collateral communications between the main vessels, and where there is a high retrograde pressure. The difficulties in the clinical diagnosis of aneurysm are described because of its inaccessibility for the study, as well as the weak pulsation of the aneurysmal sac and the absence of systolic thrill. This variant of an aneurysm was formed when, during the primary surgical intervention, the proximal end of the damaged vessel was ligated, and its distal end, having contracted, disappeared from the surgeon’s field of vision. This led to the formation of an aneurysm 1.5 months after the injury. Aneurysmotomy performed and a suture was applied to a bleeding vessel participating in the formation of an aneurysm, with a good near and medium-distant result.
Keywords: Aneurysm, false aneurysm, iatrogenic vascular injury, aneurysmotomy.
- Gaibov AD, Baratov AK, Sadriev ON, Gaibova ZV, Sharipov ZR. Nestandartnaya metodika rekonstruktsii bryushnoy aorty pri gigantskoy anevrizme [Nonstandard method of reconstruction of the abdominal aorta for a giant aneurysm]. Angiologiya i sosudistaya khirurgiya. 2016;22(2):175-9.
- Chapman M, Quint LE, Watcharotone K, Nan B, Ranella MJ, DeFreitas MR, et al. Pelvic artery aneurysm screening provides value in patients with thoracic aortic aneurysms. Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017;33(10):1627-35. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10554-017-1178-z.
- Kalmykov EL, Sadriev ON. Pozdnie konversii posle endoprotezirovaniya anevrizm bryushnoy aorty [Late conversions following endoprosthetic repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms]. Angiologiya i sosudistaya khirurgiya. 2016;22(3):168-75.
- Gulmuradov TG, Avgonov UM, Sadriev ON, Shoev FS. Sluchay uspeshnoy diagnostiki i khirurgicheskogo lecheniya anevrizmy atipichno otkhodyashchey selezyonochnoy arterii [Case of successful diagnosis and surgical treatment of aneurysms with atypical origin splenic artery]. Rossiyskiy medikobiologicheskiy vestnik im. akademika I.P. Pavlova. 2016;2:101-6. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.17816/PAVLOVJ20162101-106.
- Gaibov AD, Sultanov DD, Sadriev ON. Diagnostika i printsipy khirurgicheskogo lecheniya anevrizm vetvey dugi aorty [Diagnosis and surgical treatment of supra-aortic vessels aneurysms]. Kardiologiya i serdechno-sosudistaya khirurgiya. 2017;10(5):58-63. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.17116/ kardio201710558-63.
- Boulouis G, Shotar E, Dangouloff-Ros V, Janklevicz PH, Boddaert N, Naggara O, Brunelle F. Progressive paralyzing sciatica revealing a pelvic pseudoaneurysm a year after hip surgery in a 12yo boy. Eur J Pediatr Neurol. 2016; 20(1):179-82. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j. ejpn.2015.10.004.
- Ohashi M, Iwama M, Ikenaga S, Yokoyama M. A case of infectious pseudoaneurysm that developed after surgery for local recurrence of rectal cancer. Gan To Kagaku Ruoho. 2017;44(12):1141-2.
- Nakajima K, Kato N, Hashimoto T, Chino S, Higashigawa T, Ouchi T, et al. Treatment of infectedaneurysmwith combined endovascularaneurysmrepair and abscess drainage. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2018;29(2):188-93. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jvir.2017.09.014.
- Paraksa P, Skulsujirapa B, Suankratay C. Tuberculous mycotic aneurysm of common iliac artery secondary from ureteric tuberculosis: The first case report and review of the literature. Ann Vasc Dis. 2017;10(3).pii:cr.17-00030. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.3400/avd.cr.17-00030.
- Babu A, Gupta A, Sharma P, Ranjan P, Kumar A. Blunt traumatic superior gluteal artery pseudoaneurysm presenting as gluteal hematoma without bony injury: A rare case report. Chin J Traumatol. 2016;19(4):244-6.
- Raherinantenaina F, Rakotorahalahy RAL, Andrianandraina MCG, Rakoto Ratsimba HN, Rajaonanahary TMA. Management of traumatic and iatrogenic arterial pseudoaneurysms in a tropical environment. J Med Vasc. 2017; 42(6):338-48. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jdmv.2017.09.003.
- Galosi AB, Capretti C, Leone L, Tiroli M, Cantoro D, Polito M. Pseudoaneurysm with arteriovenous fistula of the prostate after pelvic trauma: Ultrasound imaging. Arch Ital Urol Androl. 2016;88(4):317-9. Available from: http:// dx.doi.org/10.4081/aiua.2016.4.317.
- Bolen MA, Brinza E, Renapurkar RD, Kim ESH, Gornik HL. Screening CT angiography of the aorta, visceral branch vessels, and pelvic arteries in fibromuscular dysplasia. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017;10(5):554-61. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jcmg.2016.04.010.
- Gaibov AD, Avgonov UM, Baratov AK, Ahmadzhonov ZS, Sharipov ZR. Primenenie nestandartnoy operativnoy tekhniki pri gigantskoy anevrizme bryushnoy aorty [The use of nonstandard surgical technique in giant abdominal aortic aneurysm]. Vestnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2014;3:61-6.
- Mohan B, Singal S, Bawa AS, Mahindra P, Yamin M. Endovascular management of traumatic pseudoaneurysm: Short & long term outcomes. J Clin Orthop Trauma. 2017;8(3):276-280. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j. jcot.2017.05.010.
Gaibov Alidzhon Dzhuraevich, Corresponding Member of AMS of RT, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Full Professor, Professor of the Department of Surgical Diseases № 2, Avicenna TSMU
Nematzoda Okildzhon, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Research Fellow of the Department of Vascular Surgery, Republican Scientific Center for Cardiovascular Surgery
Sultanov Javli Davronovich, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Full Professor, Professor of the Department of Surgical Diseases № 2, Avicenna TSMU
Kurbanov Nuryagdy Rozmuratovich, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Assistant of the Department of Surgical Diseases № 2, Avicenna TSMU
Abdusamadov Komil Abdulmarobovich, Surgeon of the Department of Vascular Surgery, Republican Scientific Center for Cardiovascular Surgery
Gaibova Zaynura Validzhonovna, Assistant of the Department of Cardiology with the Course of Clinical Pharmacology, Institute of Postgraduate Education in Healthcare
Address for correspondence:
Candidate of Medical Sciences, Research Fellow, Department of Vascular Surgery, Republican Scientific Center for Cardiovascular Surgery
734003, Republic of Tajikistan, Dushanbe, str. Sanoi, 33
Tel.: (+992) 915 250055
Materials on the topic:
- CASE OF CONTACT ALLERGIC DERMATITIS INDUCED BY BLACK SEED OIL
- THE FIRST EXPERIENCE OF USING SILICONE IMPLANTS IN THE AUGMENTATION GLUTEOPLASTY IN TAJIKISTAN
- OBSTRUCTIVE ILEOSTOMY IN TREATMENT OF COMPLEX LARGE INTESTINE FISTULA
- A CASE OF SUCCESSFUL SURGICAL TREATMENT OF ACUTE COMMISSURAL INTESTINAL OBSTRUCTION BY USING MINIMALLY INVASIVE TECHNOLOGY
- VARIANTS OF TOPOGRAPHY OF VESSELS OF THE TRIGONUM FEMORALE SCARPAE ZONE
- THE CASE OF SUCCESSFUL RENAL REVASCULARIZATION BY THE METHOD OF AORTORENAL SHUNTING
- THE CASE OF SUCCESSFUL SURGICAL TREATMENT OF INTRAUTERINE DEVICE MIGRATED INTO THE PELVIC CAVITY