SOME CLINICAL AND IMMUNOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF FREQUENT SICK CHILDREN WITH HYPOTROPHY
1Department of Pediatric Diseases № 1, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
2Department of Family Medicine № 2, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Objective: To study some clinical and immunological aspects of frequent sick children (FSC) with hypotrophy
Methods: 60 FSC with hypotrophy were observed. All children were divided according to the degree and severity of the disease: light – 20, average – 20, heavy – 20. The control group included 20 children. The age composition ranged from 2 months to 2 years. Methods of examination included: clinical observation, laboratory and immunological studies: quantification of leukocytes and lymphocytes. The number of lymphocytes and their subpopulations was determined using monoclonal antibodies to the differential antigens CD3, CD4, CD8, CD20, CD95, CD16, CD32.
Results: In FSC with hypotrophy of light severity showed T-cells, and their subpopulation and Ig A, Ig M, and Ig G values tended to decrease in comparison with the control group. In most cases, they had uncomplicated respiratory infections, and there were no statistically reliable deviations. In FSC with hypotrophy of average severity, there was a noticeable and reliable decrease in both cellular and humoral immunity. The indices in patients with heavy severity of disease in comparison with those, in patient’s groups I and II differed even with a higher significant difference. The effectiveness of immunomodulatory therapy has been noted.
Conclusions: Immunomodulatory therapy in combination with basic therapy led to a significant increase in the indices of cellular and humoral immunity in dynamics. The evidence of this was a significant decrease in intercurrent diseases in FSC with hypotrophy.
Keywords: Frequent sick children, hypotrophy, cellular and humoral immunity, complex treatment.
- Sarbasova ZhO. Chasto boleyushchie deti [Often illness children]. Zdorov’e i bolezni. 2012;5(105):111-4.
- Khlebovеts NI. Gipotrofiya u detey rannego vozrasta [Hypotrophy in young children]. Praktikuyushchemu vrachu. 2015;3:45-9.
- Rasulova SA, Ismoilov KI. Osobennosti gumoral’nogo immuniteta i belkovoelektrolitnogo gomeostaza u detey pri gipotrofii [Features of humoral immunity and protein-electrolyte homeostasis in children with hypotrophy]. Vestnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2016;3:86-9.
- Ivanova NA. Immunnyy status u detey [Immune status in children]. RMZh. 2012;1:25-32.
- Semenenko TA. Sostoyanie populyatsionnogo immuniteta v otnoshenii upravlyaemykh infektsiy [State of population immunity in regard to the guided infections]. Epidemiologiya i infektsionnye bolezni. 2012;6:10-5.
- Bush A. Recurrent respiratory infections. PediatrClinNorth Am.2009;56(1):67- 100. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.pcl.2008.10.004.
- Boyarskaya DN. Sovremennye predstavleniya o rekurrentnykh respiratornykh infektsiyakh u detey rannego vozrasta (obzor literatury) [Modern ideas about recurrent respiratory infections in young children]. Sovremennaya pediatriya. 2011;6(40):194-7.
- Samsygina GL. O retsidiviruyushchey infektsii respiratornogo trakta u detey [About a recurrent infection of the respiratory tract in children]. Pediatriya. 2012;91(2):45-8.
- Farshad N, Saffar MJ, Khalilian AR. Respiratory viruses in hospitalized children with acute lower respiratory tract infections, Mazandaran Province, Iran. Indian Pediatrics. 2008;(591):590-2.
- Hatakka K, Piirainen L, Pohjavuori S, Poussa T, Savilahti E, Korpela R. Factors associated with acute respiratory illness in day care children. Scandinavian Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2010;42:704-11. Available from: http://dx.doi. org/ 10.3109/00365548.2010.483476
- Zabelina TA. Chasto boleyushchie deti. Obzor literatury [Often illness children]. Pediatriya. 2012;3:143-200
- De Martino M, Ballotti S. The child with recurrent respiratory infections: normal or not? Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2007;18:13-8.
- Ismoilov KI, Davlatov ST, Ismoilova MA. Osobennosti klinikogemostaticheskogo proyavleniya i korrigiruyushchey terapii pri pnevmonii u detey pervogo goda zhizni [Clinical features of hemostatic manifestations and corrective therapy for pneumonia in children first year of life]. Vestnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2015;3:111-6.
- Meissner HC, Long SS. Respiratory syncytial virus infection and recurrent wheezing: A complex relationship. J Pediatr. 2007;151(1):6-7.
- Svetlova ZV. Immunomodulyatory v pediatrii [Immunomodulators in pediatrics]. Rossiyskie apteki. 2012;3:7-9.
- Benninger M, Brook I, Bernstein JM, Casey JR, Roos K, Marple B, et al. Bacterial interference in upper respiratory tract infections: A systematic review. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2011;25(2):82-8. Available from: http://dx.doi. org/ 10.2500/ajra.2011.25.3594.
Mamadzhanova Gulnora Sidikzhanovna, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Pediatric Diseases № 1, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University
Umarova Zarifa Kosimovna, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor of the Department of Family Medicine № 2, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University
Yodgorova Mayram Djumakhonovna, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Family Medicine № 2, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University
Nosirova Matluba Pulatovna, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Family Medicine № 2, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University
Address for correspondence:
Mamadzhanova Gulnora Sidikzhanovna
Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Pediatric Diseases № 1, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University
734003, Republic of Tajikistan, Dushanbe, Rudaki Ave., 139
Tel.: (+992) 915 990903
Materials on the topic:
- SPA TREATMENT OF CHILDREN WITH ENVIRONMENTAL-BURDENED PYELONEPHRITIS ASSOCIATED WITH DISORDERS OF PURINE EXCHANGE
- MANIFESTATIONS OF METABOLIC SYNDROME IN CHILDREN OF 10-14 YEARS WITH OVERWEIGHT AND OBESITY
- THE MAIN HEMOSTATIC PROFILES OF NEWBORN INFANT WITH NEONATAL ENCEPHALOPATHY IN WINTER PERIOD
- STATE OF THE SPECIFIC COMPONENT OF IMMUNITY IN CHILDREN WITH HYPOTROPHY
- LEVELS OF MALONIC DIALDEHYDE AND SUPEROXIDE DISMUTASE IN CHILDREN FROM A ZONE WITH HEIGHTENED RADIATION BACKGROUND
- LEVEL OF REACTIVE OXYGEN SPECIES IN CHILDREN UNDER 5 YEARS OF AGE, LIVING IN THE HIGHER RADIATION BACKGROUND AREA
- THE STATE OF MICROCIRCULATION AND TYPES OF HEMODYNAMIC DISORDERS IN CHILDREN WITH VEGETATIVE DYSTONY SYNDROME
- MORPHOFUNCTIONAL AND CYTOCHEMICAL PARALLELS IN HEREDITARY HAEMOLYTIC ANAEMIA IN CHILDREN
- ANTIOXIDANT DEFENSE AND PECULIARITIES OF LIPID PEROXIDATION IN CHILDREN WITH BRONCHIAL ASTHMA
- INDICES OF CENTRAL HEMODYNAMICS AND EXERCISE PERFORMANCE LEVEL IN CHILDREN WITH BRONCHIAL ASTHMA