EFFICIENCY OF THE APPLICATION OF «STIMUL-OSS» OSTEOPLASTIC MATERIAL IN COMBINATION WITH PLATELET-RICH PLASMA FOR THE EXTRACTION OF THE RETAINED AND DYSTOPIC MANDIBULAR THIRD MOLAR
1Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Maxillofacial and Plastic Surgery, Kyrgyz-Russian Slavic University named after B.N. Yeltsin, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
2Department of Operative Dentistry, Kyrgyz-Russian Slavic University named after B.N. Yeltsin, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
3Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Kyrgyz-Russian Slavic University named after B.N. Yeltsin, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Objective: Optimization tactics and treatment results of the difficult eruption of lower third molars on the bases of the osteoinductive materials.
Methods: Depending on the chosen tactics of treatment, patients were divided into 2 groups. The first (main) group (29 patients – 51%), in which, after extraction of the lower third molar, the bone defect filled by the osteoplastic material «Stimul-OSS», and then covered by membrane-shaped platelet-rich plasma. And second (control) group (28 patients – 49%), where treatment was carried out according to traditional techniques.
Results: When analyzing the dynamics of leukocyte infiltration index by 7 days of treatment, the level of leukocytes in group II decreased to 6.0±0.3×109 /l, the ESR was 9.08±4.6 mm/h, whereas in the main group during this time, the leukocyte and ESR values were 5.60±0.3×109 /l and 9.09±2.89 mm/h, which indicated the normalization of the general condition of the patients. The results of densitometry in the main group in 12 months after tooth extraction corresponding to the norm – 1631.8±14.9 units. Analysis of the acidic-alkaline state of the alveolar socket of the removed tooth in the observation dynamics showed that a more positive picture noted in the main group.
Conclusions: The developed method of bone plastic surgery by the surgical treatment of retained dystopic lower third molars with the application of combination of osteoplastic material «Stimul-OSS» with platelet-rich plasma is pathogenetically grounded. This technique reduces healing time and treatment; has a medico-social and economic effectiveness of reduction of hospital stay and improved patients quality of life.
Keywords: Retention, dystopia, platelet-rich plasma, Stimul-OSS, osteoplastic materials.
- Rozenbaum AYu, Tlustenko VP, Fedyaev IM. Otsenka effektivnosti ispol’zovaniya osteoplasticheskogo materiala «Kollapan» pri operatsii rezektsii verkhushki kornya zuba na osnovanii komp’yuternoy tomografii [Estimation of efficiency of the use of osteoplastic material «Collapan»® in operation of reaction of the tooth root on the basis of computer tomography]. Rossiyskiy stomatologicheskiy zhurnal. 2017;21(5):259-61.
- Abdulaev ShO, Khramova NV. Osteoplasticheskie materialy dlya zameshcheniya defektov i deformaciy chelyustno-litsevoy oblasti [Osteoplastic materials for the replacement of defects and deformations of the maxillofacial region]. Stomatologiya. 2015;59-60(1-2):98-101.
- Nagieva SE, Bykov IM, Chudinov AN, Nagiev ER. Biokhimicheskie, rentgenologicheskie i morfologicheskie izmeneniya allotransplantatov kostnoy tkani pri zameshchenii defektov nizhney chelyusti v eksperimente [The biochemical, roentgenological and morphological changes of the bone tissue allotransplants at the substitution of mandibular defects in the experiment]. Kubanskiy nauchnyy meditsinskiy vestnik. 2011;2(125):112-7.
- Zaytenova GB. Zameshchenie posleoperatsionnykh defektov nizhney chelyusti kombinirovannoy plastikoy [Replacement of postoperative defects of the mandible by combined plastic]. Problemy stomatologii. 2015;1-2(43- 44):137-8.
- Robustova TG. Khirurgicheskaya stomatologiya [Operative dentistry]. Moscow, RF: GEOTAR-Media; 2014. 239 p.
- Halicioglu K, Toptas O, Akkas I, Celikoglu M. Permanent first molar extraction in adolescents and young adults and its effect on the development of third molar. Clin Oral Investig. 2014;18:1489-94. Available from: http://dx.doi. org/10.1007/s00784-013-1121-1.
- Chudinov AN, Nagieva SE, Ismailova FE, Nagiev ER. Osobennosti izmeneniy autotransplantatov kompaktnoy i gubchatoy kostnoy tkani pri zameshchenii defektov nizhney chelyusti v eksperimente [The characteristics of the changes of compacted and spongy bone tissue autotransplants for substitution of lower jaw defects in experiment]. Stomatologiya dlya vsekh. 2011;4:12-7.
- Grigoryants AA, Antonova IN, Grigoryants AP. Profilaktika reduktsii al’veolyarnogo grebnya – zadacha khirurga-stomatologa [Prevention of reduction of alveolar ridge – task dental surgeon]. Vestnik Rossiyskoy Voennomeditsinskoy akademii. 2013;4:41-5.
- Ghaeminia H, Meijer GJ, Soehardi A, Borstlap WA, Mulder J, Berge´ SJ. Position of the impacted third molar in relation to the mandibular canal. Diagnostic accuracy of cone beam computed tomography compared with panoramic radiography. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009;38:964-71. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijom.2009.06.007.
- Sagatbaev DS. Otdalyonnye rezul’taty kostnoy plastiki nizhney chelyusti s ispol’zovaniem litsevykh sosudov [Long-term results of the mandible bone grafting using facial vessels]. Problemy stomatologii. 2015;1(11):24-7.
- Baqain ZH, Al-Shafii A, Hamdan AA, Sawair FA. Flap design and mandibular third molar surgery: A split mouth randomized clinical study. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2012;41(8):1020-4. Available from: http://dx.doi. org/10.1016/ j.ijom.2012.02.011.
- Nagiev ER, Nagieva SE, Ismailova FE. Autotransplantatsiya defektov nizhney chelyusti: biokhimicheskie, rentgenologicheskie i morfologicheskie aspekty [Auto-grafting of mandible defects: biochemical, radiological and morphological aspects]. Vestnik Dagestanskoy gosudarstvennoy meditsinskoy akademii. 2014;1(10):40-6.
- Bezerra TP, Silva Junior FI, Scarparo HC, Costa FW, Studart-Soares EC. Do erupted third molars weaken the mandibular angle after trauma to the chin region? A 3D finite element study. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2013;42:474-80. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijom.2012.10.009.
- Ghaeminia H, Gerlach NL, Hoppenreijs TJ, Kicken M, Dings JP, Borstlap WA, et al. Clinical relevance of cone beam computed tomography in mandibular third molar removal: A multicentre, randomized, controlled trial. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2015;43(10):2158-67. Available from: http://dx.doi. org/10.1016/j.jcms.2015.10.009.
- Findik Y, Baykul T. Ectopic third molar in the mandibular sigmoid notch: Report of a case and literature review. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Dentistry. 2015;7(1):133-7. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.4317/jced.51871.
Toktombaev Meder Amanturovich, Senior Lecturer of the Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Maxillofacial and Plastic Surgery, KRSU named after B.N. Yeltsin
Yuldashev Ilshat Mukhitdinovich, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Full Professor, Head of the Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Maxillofacial and Plastic Surgery, KRSU named after B.N. Yeltsin
Boronchiev Azamat Toktobekovich, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Senior Lecturer of the Department of Operative Dentistry, KRSU named after B.N. Yeltsin
Ashimov Zhanibay Doolotbakovich, Senior Lecturer of the Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, KRSU named after B.N. Yeltsin
Address for correspondence:
Toktombaev Meder Amanturovich
Senior Lecturer of the Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Maxillofacial and Plastic Surgery, KRSU named after B.N. Yeltsin
720021, Kyrgyz Republic, Bishkek, str. Ibraimova 34, apt. 12
Tel.: (+996) 550 740007
Materials on the topic:
- ELIMINATION OF MANDIBULAR DEFECTS BY ENDOPROSTHESIS CREATED BY TECHNOLOGY OF ADDITIVE STEREOLITHOGRAPHY
- THE STUDY OF THE DEFECTS OF THE DENTITION PREVALENCE IN THE PLANNING OF ORTHOPEDIC DENTAL HEALTH SERVICE
- APPLICATION OF SORPTION TECHNOLOGIES IN COMPLEX TREATMENT OF PURULENT-INFLAMMATORY DISEASES OF THE MAXILLOFACIAL AREA