EMERGENCY SURGERY TO ONCOLOGICAL PATIENTS
1Department of Oncology, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
2Republican Oncological Scientific Center, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
3Sogdian Regional Oncological Center, Khujand, Tajikistan
Objective: To analyze the results of emergency surgery to oncological patients in general surgical and oncological hospitals
Methods: It has analysed the results of examinations and treatments of 122 patients with complicated forms of malignant neoplasms that treated at SROC in the period from 2012 to 2016.
Results: Indications for emergency surgery in 41 patients with complicated colorectal cancer were: acute intestinal obstruction – 29 (70.7%), perforation of the tumor – 6 (14.6%), bleeding – 1 (2.4%) and paraproctitis – 5 (17.2%) patients. Primarily radical operations in the volume of hemicolectomy were performed in 15 (36.6%) cases. Symptomatic operations were performed in 21 (51.2%) patients with a locally advanced process and with the presence of distant metastases. In addition, 87 cases of emergency operations were analyzed in case of complicated malignant tumours performed in 5 medical institutions of Sogd region in 2012-2016. It was found that in non-core institutions, during the primary operation, surgeons do not always perform the adequate volume of interventions.
Conclusions: Among patients who received emergency surgery in Sogd region for the period of 2012-2016, the most frequent cases are complicated by colorectal cancer, stomach (gastric) cancer and tumours of reproductive system. Of the total number of observed patients (209) in 122 cases (58.4%), patients received specialized care in the Sogdian Regional Oncological Center, and in 87 cases (41.5%) in general surgical hospitals of the region. The presence of severe complications during tumour process is not a sign of non-resectable tumours, and the implementation of emergency operations in general surgery hospital has a number of drawbacks
Keywords: Complicated malignant neoplasms, emergency surgery, radical operations.
- Sedov VM, Mzhelskiy AV, Bogomolov MS. Rak obodochnoy kishki [Colon cancer]. Saint Petersburg, RF; 2010. 180 p.
- Davydov MI, Aksel EM. Statistika zlokachestvennykh novoobrazovaniy v Rossii i stranakh SNG v 2012 g. [Statistics of malignant neoplasms in Russia and the CIS countries in 2012]. Moscow, RF: Izdatel’skaya gruppa RONTS; 2014. 226 p.
- Nonaka H, Onishi H, Ozaki M, Kuriyama K. Serious gastric perforation after second stereotactic body radiotherapy for peripheral lung cancer that recurred after initial stereotactic body radiotherapy: a case report. J Med Case Rep. 2017;10:343.
- Zikiryakhodzhaev DZ, Bohyan VYu, Yuldoshev RZ, Huseynov ZH, Sattorov AA. Rak zheludka, oslozhnyonnyy krovotecheniem, taktika lecheniya i analiz prognosticheskikh faktorov [Gastric cancer, complicated by bleeding, treatment tactics and analysis of prognostic factors]. Problemy gastroenterologii. 2008;4(37):66-71.
- Mayerhardt D, Sanderz M. Rak tolstoy kishki. Moscow, RF: Rid Elsiver; 2009. 185 p.
- Stilidi IS, Yuldoshev RZ, Zikiryakhodzhaev DZ, Bohyan VY. Interventsionnye simptomaticheskie vmeshatel’stva u bolnykh dekompensirovannym stenozom privratnika opukholevoy etiologii [Interventional symptomatic interventions in patients with decompensated stenosis of the pylorus of tumor etiology]. Izvestiya Akademii nauk RT. 2007;1:68-77.
- Rasulov SR, Zikiryakhodzhaev DZ, Sanginov DR. Rak kozhi, razvivshiysya iz rubtsov [Skin cancer that developed from scars]. Vestnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2016;1:104-8.
- Habibulaev ShZ, Sanginov DR, Barotov ZZ, Habibulaeva NA, Mahmudova NM. K voprosu ob ob’yome khirurgicheskikh vmeshatel’stv na putyakh regionarnogo limfoottoka pri zlokachestvennykh opukholyakh golovy i shei [To the question of the volume of surgical interventions on the regional lymphatic drainage pathways in malignant tumors of the head and neck]. Vestnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2016;3:33-7.
- Zhenghong, Zihua Zhu, Guoweijian, Zhangning. Retrospective study of predictors of bone metastasis in colorectal cancer patients. J Bone Oncol. 2017;9:25-8.
- Ushimaru Y, Fujiwara Y, Shishido Y, Yanagimoto Y, Moon JH, Sugimura K, et al. Clinical outcomes of gastric cancer patients who underwent proximal or total gastrectomy. A Propensity score-matched analysis. World J Surg. 2017. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00268-017-4306-y.
- Kompotiatis P, Thongprayoon C, Manohar S, Cheungpasitporn W. Association between urologic malignancies and end-stage renal disease. A meta-analysis. Nephrology. 2017;10:111-32.
- Shin SJ, Park H, Sung YN, Yoo C, Hwang DW, Park JH, et al. Prognosis of pancreatic cancer patients with synchronous or metachronous malignancies from other organs is better than those with pancreatic cancer only. Cancer Res Treat. 2017 Dec 20. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.4143/ crt.2017.494
- Morgan TM, Mehra R, Tiemeny P, Wolf JS, Wu S, Sangale Z, et al. A multigene signature based on cell cycle proliferation improves prediction of mortality within 5 yr of radical nephrectomy for renal cell carcinoma. Eur Urol. 2017 Dec 14. pii: S0302-2838(17)31034-5. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/ 10.1016/j.eururo.2017.12.002.
- Chisov VI. Davydov MI. Onkologiya. Natsional’noe rukovodstvo [Oncology. National guide]. Moscow, RF: Geotar-Media; 2014. 1061 p.
- Tsuchihashi K, Shimokawa H, Takayoshi K, Nio K, Aikawa T, Matsushita Y, et al. Regorafenib-induced retinal and gastrointestinal hemorrhage in a metastatic colorectal cancer patient with liver dysfunction: A case report. Medicine. 2017;96(42):82-5. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/MD.
- Vorobyov TI. Osnovy koloproktologii [Basics of coloproctology]. Rostov-naDonu, RF; 2014. 90 p.
- Cienfuegos J, Baixauli J, Arredondo J, Pastor C, Martínez Ortega P, Zozaya G, et al. Clinico-pathological and oncological differences between right and leftsided colon cancer (stages I-III): analysis of 950 cases. Rev Esp Enferm Dig. 2017;18:110. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.17235/reed.2017.
Sunginov Jumaboy Rakhmatovich, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor of the Department of Oncology, Avicenna TSMU
Huseynzoda Zafar Habibullo, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Director of the Republican Oncological Scientific Center
Mansurov Furkat Saydulloevich, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Director of the Sogdian Regional Oncological Center
Conflict of interest: No conflict
Address for correspondence:
Mansurov Furkat Saidulloevich
Candidate of Medical Sciences, Director of the Sogdian Regional Oncological Center
735000, Republic of Tajikistan, Khujand, str. S. Hakimboeva, 4
Tel.: (+992) 927 170004
Materials on the topic:
- EXPERIENCE OF MULTIVISCERAL RESECTIONS IN LOCALLY ADVANCED AND PRIMARY-MULTIPLE RECTAL CANCER
- COMBINED TREATMENT OF PATIENTS WITH NON-SMALL CELL LUNG CANCER WITH PERSONALIZED PRESCRIPTION OF ADJUVANT CHEMOTHERAPY
- MULTIMODAL APPROACH TO THE TREATMENT OF ESOPHAGEAL CANCER
- ETHNIC PECULIARITIES OF DISTRIBUTION OF ACUTE MYELOBLASTIC LEUKAEMIA IN CHILDREN’S POPULATION IN KYRGYZSTAN
- INDICATORS OF ANTICOAGULATIVE ACTIVITY OF VASCULAR WALL DEPENDING ON STAGE OF BREAST CANCER
- PALLIATIVE-CURATIVE SURGICAL INTERVENTIONS IN GASTRIC CANCER PATIENTS WITH LIVER METASTASES
- CHANGE OF EPIDEMIOLOGICAL SITUATION OF COLORECTAL CANCER IN KAZAKHSTAN AFTER INTRODUCTION OF SCREENING
- PECULIARITIES OF DIAGNOSTICS AND COURSE OF UTERINE CERVICAL CANCER AMONG HIV-INFECTED WOMEN
- MICRONUCLEAR TEST OF THE BUCCAL EPITHELIUM AS THE SCREENING METHOD IN ONCOLOGY
- IMMUNITY SYSTEM AFTER EXTENDED SURGERIES IN PATIENTS WITH LOCALLY ADVANCED STOMACH CANCER