CLINICAL AND ANAMNESTIC PATTERN AND SENSITIZATION TO AEROALLERGENS IN CHILDREN WITH ATOPIC BRONCHIAL ASTHMA
Department of Faculty Pediatrics with Courses in Pediatrics, Neonatology and Simulation Center IDPO, Bashkir State Medical University, Ufa, Republic of Bashkortostan, Russian Federation
Objective: To analyze the profile of sensitization to airborne allergens in children with atopic bronchial asthma (BA) residing in Ufa referring to the main anamnestic and clinical data.
Methods: The study was carried out in two phases and included general clinical examination along with specific allergy tests. In the 1st phase, allergy screening of 121 BA patients aged from 6 years to 17 years 11 months 29 days using a panel of respiratory allergens for detection of serum specific IgE was conducted. In the 2nd phase of the study, 114 children with a verified diagnosis of atopic BA with were selected based on sensitization to the respiratory allergens, while the remaining 7 patients were excluded from the study based on the exclusion criteria. In the 2nd phase of the study, allergen sensitization was evaluated by serum specific IgE levels determined by indirect immunofluorescence on a three-dimensional porous solid phase (ImmunoCAP® 250, Phadia). The obtained data were used for subsequent assessment of respiratory allergens sensitization profiles in children with atopic BA.
Results: Manifestations of atopy and concomitant pathology at an early age were revealed in 89 patients (78%). In 73 children (64%) anamnestic data analysis revealed a family history of allergic diseases and BA, which was more often on the mother’s side (46 children, 63%); among them, the most common was a family history of BA (21 children, 46%). All 114 patients had clinical manifestations of bronchial obstruction and hyperreactivity as a result of the allergen exposure, and the influence of adverse environmental triggers and ecological microenvironment. The results of the allergen screening in the 1st phase of the study showed that more commonly Class III sensitization (increased level) was determined in the patients enrolled (40 children, 35%). The data from the 2nd phase of the study revealed polyvalent sensitization in 81 patients (71%). Among the pollen allergens, most commonly children with atopic BA showed sensitization to warty birch (Betula verrucosa) (t3).
Conclusion: Modern diagnostic facilities allow to search and identify allergen sensitization in children with atopic BA, effectively and timely determining causal and exogenous factors for every patient, choosing rationale and most differentiated pharmacotherapy with a response and course prediction, optimization of diagnostics, prevention, and rehabilitation.
Keywords: Bronchial asthma, children, sensitization, atopic phenotype, respiratory allergens, inhaled glucocorticoids.
- Syrov VV. Predstavleniya ob epidemiologii i vozmozhnostyakh profilaktiki bronkhial'noy astmy na sovremennom etape [Ideas about epidemiology and possibilities of prevention of bronchial asthma at the present stage]. Allergologiya i immunologiya v pediatrii. 2016;3:20-33.
- Dzhabbarova MB. Rasprostranyonnost' i klinicheskie proyavleniya bronkhial'noy astmy [Prevalence and clinical manifestations of bronchial asthma]. Biologiya i integrativnaya meditsina. 2021;1:160-71.
- Nenasheva NM. T2-bronkhial'naya astma: kharakteristika endotipa i biomarkyory [T2-bronchial asthma: Endo-type characteristics and biomarkers]. Pul'monologiya. 2019;29(2):216-28.
- Belevskiy AS, Zaytsev AA. Farmakoekonomicheskie aspekty terapii bronkhial'noy astmy: real'naya klinicheskaya praktika [Pharmacoeconomical aspects of bronchial asthma therapy: Real clinical practice]. Meditsinskiy sovet. 2018;15:60-8.
- Levina Yu, Namazova-Baranova LS, Vishneva EA, Volkov KS, Efendieva KE, Alekseeva AA, i dr. Integrativnyy analiz epidemiologicheskogo profilya kliniko-laboratornykh markyorov sensibilizatsii u detey: rezul'taty poperechnogo issledovaniya [Integrative analysis of the epidemiological profile of clinical and laboratory markers of sensitization in children: Results of a cross-sectional study]. Pediatricheskaya farmakologiya. 2021;18(2):118-33.
- Nenartovich IA. Epigenetika bronkhial'noy astmy: obzor literatury [Epigenetics of bronchial asthma: Literature review]. Vestnik Vitebskogo gosudarstvennogo meditsinskogo universiteta. 2017;16(2):7-14.
- Dudchenko LSh. Sovremennoe vedenie bol'nykh bronkhial'noy astmoy (obzor literatury) [Modern management of patients with bronchial asthma (literature review)]. Vestnik fizioterapii i kurortologii. 2018;24(4):77-85.
- Nenasheva NM. Fenotipy bronkhial'noy astmy i vybor terapii [Phenotypes of bronchial asthma and the choice of therapy]. Prakticheskaya pul'monologiya. 2014;2:2-11.
- Zaytseva SV, Zastrozhina AK, Zaytseva OV, Snitko SYu. Fenotipy bronkhial'noy astmy u detey: ot diagnostiki k lecheniyu [Phenotypes of bronchial asthma in children: From diagnosis to treatment]. Prakticheskaya pul'monologiya. 2018;3:76-86.
- Simbirtsev AS. Tsitokiny v immunopatogeneze allergii [Cytokines in the immunopathogenesis of allergies]. RMZh. Meditsinskoe obozrenie. 2021;5(1):32-7.
- Geppe NA, Kondyurina EG, Revyakina VA, Malakhov AB, Kolosova NG. Terapiya bronkhial'noy astmy u detey: vozrastnye aspekty [Therapy of bronchial asthma in children: Age-related aspects]. Pediatriya. Consilium Medicum. 2021;2:113- 22.
- Ilienkova NA, Cherepanova IV, Mazur YuE. Vliyanie faktorov riska na formirovanie bronkhial'noy astmy u detey [The influence of risk factors on the formation of bronchial asthma in children]. Sibirskiy meditsinskiy zhurnal. 2015;133(2):16-22.
- Mokronosova MA, Korovkina ES. Allergiya k kleshcham domashney pyli s pozitsiy molekulyarnoy allergologii [Allergy to house dust mites from the standpoint of molecular allergology]. Meditsinskaya immunologiya. 2012;14(4-5):279-88.
- Pampura AN, Varlamov EE, Konyukova NG. Sensibilizatsiya k allergenam domashnikh zhivotnykh [Sensitization to allergens of pets]. Rossiyskiy vestnik perinatologii i pediatrii. 2018;63(2):22-6.
- Dudareva AL, Leonova AA. Osobennosti epidermal'noy sensibilizatsii u patsientov s respiratornoy allergiey [Features of epidermal sensitization in patients with respiratory allergies]. Smolenskiy meditsinskiy al'manakh. 2020;1:100-3.
- Bacheva MV, Svirepova OI. Allergen-spetsificheskaya immunoterapiya kak effektivnyy etiopatogeneticheskiy metod lecheniya pollinoza [Allergen-specific immunotherapy as an effective etiopathogenetic method of treating pollinosis]. Mezhdunarodnyy studencheskiy nauchnyy vestnik. 2018;4(2):204-7.
- Namazova-Baranova LS, Snovskaya MA, Mityushin IL, Kozhevnikova OV, Batyrova AS. Osobennosti diagnostiki allergii u detey [Features of allergy diagnosis in children]. Vestnik Rossiyskoy akademii meditsinskikh nauk. 2017;72(1):33-41.
Fayzullina Rezeda Mansafovna,
Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor of the Department of Faculty Pediatrics with Courses in Pediatrics, Neonatology and Simulation Center IDPO, Bashkir State Medical University
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-9001-1437
Author ID: 459354
Gafurova Rita Rinatovna,
Assistant of the Department of Faculty Pediatrics with Courses in Pediatrics, Neonatology and Simulation Center IDPO, Bashkir State Medical University
ORCID ID: 0000-0001-9077-9780
Author ID: 1033519
Viktorov Vitaliy Vasilievich,
Doctor of Medical Sciences, Full Professor, Head of the Department of Faculty Pediatrics with Courses in Pediatrics, Neonatology and Simulation Center IDPO, Bashkir State Medical University
Researcher ID: B-8214-2018
ORCID ID: 0000-0001-5260-2319
Author ID: 288126
Information about support in the form of grants, equipment, medications
The authors did not receive financial support from manufacturers of medicines and medical equipment
Conflicts of interest: No conflict
Address for correspondence:
Gafurova Rita Rinatovna Assistant of the Department of Faculty Pediatrics with Courses in Pediatrics, Neonatology and Simulation Center IDPO, Bashkir State Medical University
450008, Russian Federation, Republic of Bashkortostan, Lenin str., 3
Tel.: +7 (937) 33233332
Materials on the topic:
- EPIDEMIOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF CONTEMPORARY PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT IN CHILDREN
- OXIDANT AND ANTIOXIDANT STATUS IN NEONATES WITH SPECIFIC INTRAUTERINE INFECTIONS
- Exercise-related changes of the physiological indicators in children with different forms of spastic cerebral palsy
- ACID-BASIC BALANCE, BLOOD GASES AND ECHOCARDIOGRAPHIC CHANGES IN BRONCHIAL ASTHMA IN CHILDREN
- ADHERENCE TO THERAPY AND ITS IMPACT ON THE CONTROL OF ASTHMA SYMPTOMS IN CHILDREN
- FEATURES OF CLINICAL MANIFESTATIONS, CELLULAR AND HUMORAL IMMUNITY OF NEWBORNS WITH INTRAUTERINE MIXED INFECTIONS
- CLINICAL AND LABORATORY FEATURES OF ENDOGENOUS INTOXICATION SYNDROME IN CHILDREN UNDER 3 YEARS WITH PNEUMONIA
- HUMAN HERPES VIRUS TYPE 6 INFECTION IN CHILDREN AFTER ALLOGENEIC HEMATOPOIETIC STEM CELL TRANSPLANTATION IN THE REPUBLIC OF BELARUS
- INDICATORS OF SORPTION ABILITY AND PERMEABILITY OF ERYTHROCYTE MEMBRANES IN CHILDREN AND NEWBORNS, LIVING IN THE AREA OF INCREASED RADIATION BACKGROUND
- THE STRUCTURE OF DISEASES THAT CAUSED DISABILITY AMONG CHILDREN IN THE CITY OF DUSHANBE