STATE OF THE SPECIFIC COMPONENT OF IMMUNITY IN CHILDREN WITH HYPOTROPHY
1Department of Pediatric Diseases № 2, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Objective: The study of the state of the cellular component of immunity in children with hypotrophy
Methods: The results of the study of 84 children aged 2 months to 2 years with hypotrophy, which were divided into 3 groups, depending on the mass deficit by Z-score index are presented. The state of the cellular component of the immune system was studied in all children.
Results: The study of cellular immunity showed that in children of the group I of T-lymphocytes and their subpopulation (CD3, CD4, CD8, CD25, CD4, CD8, CD20, CD25, CD95 and CD16) were not significantly different from normal, but tended to reduction, especially the number of lymphocytes with CD4 immunophenotypes. In patients with moderate-to-severe hypotrophy (group II), a marked decrease in the average T-lymphocyte counts with immunological markers (CD4, CD8, CD16) was found in comparison with the similar indices of group I (p<0.001). In the group of patients with severe hypotrophy (group III), all indicators (CD4, CD8, CD16) and their subpopulations were significantly reduced in comparison with the group I (p<0.001). In comparison, the average of the T-lymphocyte counts with the CD4, CD8 and CD16 receptors in patients of the III groups correspond to indices of children with the mild and medium-weight hypotrophy with the statistically reliable difference (p<0.001).
Conclusions: In children with hypotrophy, as the severity of the disease worsens, a secondary immunodeficiency state develops, the asynchronous decrease in the cellular component of immunity, which dictates the use of drugs in the complex treatment of immunodeficiency to this category of children.
Keywords: Hypotrophy, children, Z-score, cellular immunity.
- Jai KD, Rehana AS, Zita WP, Sana SS, Bhutta ZA. Provision of preventive lipidbased nutrient supplements given with complementary foods to infants and young children 6 to 23 months of age for health, nutrition, and developmental outcomes: 2017. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2017, Issue 8. Art. No.: CD-012611.
- Skvortsova VA, Borovik TE, Netrebenko OK. Narusheniya pitaniya u detey rannego vozrasta [Disturbances in nutrition in young children]. Lechashchiy vrach. 2011;1:26-31.
- Tadzhikistan. Mediko-demograficheskoe issledovanie, 2012 [Tajikistan. Medico-demographic study, 2012]. Dushanbe, RT; Calverton, USA: AS, MZ, ICF International; 393 p.
- Borovik TE, Skvortsova VA, Ladodo KS, Semyonova NN. Pediatricheskaya nutritsiologiya: nastoyashchee i budushchee [Pediatric nutriciology: the present and the future]. Mat’ i ditya v Kuzbasse. 2012;3:3-10.
- Khaydarov BM. Detskie bolezni [Childhood diseases]. Dushanbe, RT: Irfon; 2009. 636 p.
- Natsional’naya programma optimizatsii vskarmlivaniya detey pervogo goda zhizni v Rossiyskoy Federatsii [The National Program for the Optimization of Feeding of Children of the First Year of Life in the Russian Federation]. Moscow, RF; 2010. 68 p.
- Cunningham-Rundle S, McNeeley DF, Moon A. Mechanisms of nutrient modulation of the immune response. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2005;(115):1119-28.
- Rakhmonova PE, Tilloeva FKh, Nabiev ZN. Izuchenie immunnologicheskogo statusa pri pnevmonii u novorozhdyonnykh i detey rannego vazrasta [The study of the immunologic status during pneumonia in newborns and children of early age]. Vestnik poslediplomnogo obrazovaniya v sfere zdravookhraneniya. 2016;4: 77-9.
- Gribakin SG, Bokovskaya OA, Davydovskaya AA. Pitanie rebyonka i immunitet [Baby food and immunity]. Lechashchiy vrach. 2013;8:78-80.
- Shcheplyagina LA, Kruglova IV. Vozrastnye ossobennosti immuniteta u detey [Age specificity of immunity in children]. RMZh. 2009;23:1564-7.
- Batista F, Gaya FM, Martinez N. Novel aspects of B cell response to vaccination and viral infection. European Journal of Immunology. 2016;1:46-7.
- Haitov RM. Immunologiya [Immunology]. Moscow, RF: GEOTAR-Media; 2016. 496 p.
- Karyaeva SK, Brin VB, Kaloeva ZD, Dzilikhova KM, Dzgoeva MG. Klinikoimmunologicheskaya karakteristika chastо boleyushchikh detey rannego vosrasta [Clinical and immunological characteristic of children of early age with frequent acute respiratory diseases]. Kubanskiy nauchnyy meditsinskiy vestnik. 2009;6:117-20.
- Tuzankina IA, Istomina EL. Kliniko-immunnologicheskie aspekty rannego ontogeneza sotsial’no-deprivirovannykh detey [Clinico-immunological aspects of early ontogeny of socially deprived children]. Pediatriya. 2016;1:89-90.
- Ismoilov KI, Hodzhaeva NN. Osobennosti spetsificheskogo i nespetsificheskogo immunnogo statusa u detey s ZhDA [Features of specific and nonspecific immune status in children with IDA]. Vestnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2009;1:112-7.
- Ismoilov KI, Yusupova MA. Sostoyanie kletochnogo i gumoral’nogo immuniteta u novorozhdyonnykh pri vnutriutrobnykh infektsiyakh [State of cellular and humoral immunity of newborns in intrauterine infection]. Vestnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2013;3:82-4.
Ismoilov Komildzhon Isroilovich, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Full Professor, Head of the Department of Pediatric Diseases № 2 of Avicenna TSMU
Rasulova Sitorabonu Ashurbegovna, Postgraduate Student of the Department of Pediatric Diseases № 2 of Avicenna TSMU
Address for correspondence:
Ismoilov Komildzhon Isroilovich
Doctor of Medical Sciences, Full Professor, Head of the Department of Pediatric Diseases № 2 of Avicenna TSMU
734003, Republic of Tajikistan, Dushanbe, Rudaki Ave., 139
Tel.: (+992) 985 127845
Materials on the topic:
- SOME CLINICAL AND IMMUNOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF FREQUENT SICK CHILDREN WITH HYPOTROPHY
- MANIFESTATIONS OF METABOLIC SYNDROME IN CHILDREN OF 10-14 YEARS WITH OVERWEIGHT AND OBESITY
- THE MAIN HEMOSTATIC PROFILES OF NEWBORN INFANT WITH NEONATAL ENCEPHALOPATHY IN WINTER PERIOD
- LEVELS OF MALONIC DIALDEHYDE AND SUPEROXIDE DISMUTASE IN CHILDREN FROM A ZONE WITH HEIGHTENED RADIATION BACKGROUND
- LEVEL OF REACTIVE OXYGEN SPECIES IN CHILDREN UNDER 5 YEARS OF AGE, LIVING IN THE HIGHER RADIATION BACKGROUND AREA
- THE STATE OF MICROCIRCULATION AND TYPES OF HEMODYNAMIC DISORDERS IN CHILDREN WITH VEGETATIVE DYSTONY SYNDROME
- MORPHOFUNCTIONAL AND CYTOCHEMICAL PARALLELS IN HEREDITARY HAEMOLYTIC ANAEMIA IN CHILDREN
- ANTIOXIDANT DEFENSE AND PECULIARITIES OF LIPID PEROXIDATION IN CHILDREN WITH BRONCHIAL ASTHMA
- INDICES OF CENTRAL HEMODYNAMICS AND EXERCISE PERFORMANCE LEVEL IN CHILDREN WITH BRONCHIAL ASTHMA
- TERRITORIAL AND ETHNIC PECULIARITIES OF DISTRIBUTION OF ACUTE LYMPHOBLASTIC LEUKAEMIA IN CHILDREN'S POPULATION IN KYRGYZSTAN