LEVELS OF MALONIC DIALDEHYDE AND SUPEROXIDE DISMUTASE IN CHILDREN FROM A ZONE WITH HEIGHTENED RADIATION BACKGROUND
1Department of Pediatric Diseases № 1, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University, Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan
2Department of Biochemistry, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University, Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan
Objective: To study the content of superoxide dismutase (SOD) and malonic dialdehyde (MDA) in the blood of children by the influence of heightened radiation background.
Methods: The levels of MDA and SOD in the blood were determined in 20 newborns and in 60 to 3-5 years old children living in the area of high radiation background. The control group included 80 children and newborns living in areas with a natural radiation background. The content of MDA was determined by the method of I.D. Stalnaya, and the level of SOD – by the method of reduction of nitro-blue tetrazole in serum.
Results: Levels of MDA in children living in conditions with a natural radiation background, were: newborns – 0.065±0.003 μmol/l; 3 years old children – 0.073±0.003 μmol/l; children 4 years old – 0.065±0.003 μmol/l; children 5 years old – 0.060±0.002 μmol/l. At the same time, in children living in conditions of heightened radiation background, the level of MDA was higher, with the greatest level among newborns – 0.879±0.025 μmol/l. In children 3, 4 and 5 years, this values were 0.301±0.025; 0.338±0.027 and 0.671±0.049 μmol/l, accordingly. The content of SOD in children living in conditions with a normal natural radiation background was as follows: newborns – 12.7±0.2 c. u./l; children 3 years old – 13.1±0.1 c. u./l; children 4 years old – 13.4±0.1 c. u./l; children 5 years old – 13.1±0.1 c. u./l. At the same time, in children living in conditions of heightened radiation background, considerably low levels of SOD were detected: newborns – 11.5±0.2 c. u./l; children 3 years old – 11.7±0.1 c. u./l; children 4 years old – 11.5±0.1 c. u./l; children 5 years old – 11.5±0.1 c. u./l.
Conclusions: The results of conducted research revealed the presence of oxidative stress and imbalance of the pro- and antioxidant systems in children living in conditions of heightened radiation background
Keywords: Superoxide dismutase, malonic dialdehyde, radiation, children.
- Diyakovskaya AV, Telekova LR. Vliyanie radiatsii na cheloveka i okruzhayushchuyu sredu [Effect of radiation on humans and the environment]. Nauka, obrazovanie i kul’tura. 2018;7:5-7.
- Fedorkovskaya BО, Kirillova LG. Оtdel’nye pokazateli okislitel’noantioksidantnogo gomeostaza u detey, rozhdyonnykh v sem’yakh likvidatorov posledstviy avarii na CHAES [Separate indices of oxidative and antioxidant homeostasis in children born in the families of liquidators of the emergency after the CHAES]. Ukrain’skiy visnik psikhonevrologii. 2012;20(1):24-6.
- Chesnokova NP, Моrrison VV, Ponukalina EV, Аfanasieva GА, Bizenkova МN, Barsukova VYu, i dr. О roli aktivatsii svobodnoradikal’nogo okislenia v strukturnoy i funktsional’noy dezorganizatsii biosistem v usloviyakh patologii [On the role of the activation of free radical oxidation in the structural and functional disorganization of biological systems in the conditions of pathology]. Sоvremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya. 2009;1:122-30
- Vivchar IС, Lapovets LЕ. Disfunktsia immunoy sistemy detey i podrostkov bol’nykh tuberkylyozom, kоtorye prozhivayut na zagryaznyonnykh radiatsiey territoriyakh [The dysfunction of the immune system of children and adolescents with tuberculosis who live in areas contaminated by radiation]. Vestnik problem biologii i meditsiny. 2013;2(2):79-80.
- Аronov DМ. Коenzim Q10 (ubikhinon) i ego znachenie v «меtabolicheckoy kаrdiologii» [Coenzyme Q10 (ubiquinone) and its meaning in «metabolic cardiology»]. Spravochnik poliklinicheskogo vracha. 2012;8:26-32.
- Ismoilov KI, Saburova AM, Sharipova MM. Antioksidantnaya zashchita i osobennosti perekisnogo okisleniya lipidov pri bronkhial’noy astme u detey [Antioxidant defense and peculiarities of lipid peroxidation in children with bronchial asthma]. Vestnik Avitsenny [Avicenna Bulletin]. 2017;19(1):73-7. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.25005/2074-0581-2017-19-1-73-77.
- Floyd RA. Translational research involving oxidative stress and diseases of aging. Free Radic Biol Med. 2011;51(5) 931-41.
- Niki E. Do free radicals play causal role in atherosclerosis? Low density lipoprotein oxidation and vitamin E revisited. J Clin Biochem Nutr. 2011;48(1):3-7.
- Souza LCM, Cerqueira EMM, Meireles JRC. Assessment of nuclear abnormalities in exfoliated cells from the oral epithelium of mobile phone users. Electromagn Biol Med. 2014;33(2):98-102. Available from: http:// dx.doi.org/10.3109/15368378.2013.783856.
- Adamsa JA, Galloway TS, Mondal D, Esteves SC, Mathews F. Effect of mobile telephones on sperm quality: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Environ Int. 2014;70:106-12
- Campisi A, Gulino M, Acquaviva R, Bellia P, Raciti G, Grasso R, et al. Reactive oxygen species levels and DNA fragmentation on astrocytes in primary culture after acute exposure to low intensity microwave electromagnetic field. Neurosci Lett. 2010;473:50-5.
- Meena R, Kumari K, Kumar J, Rajamani P, Verma H, Kesari K. Therapeutic approaches of melatonin in microwave radiations-induced oxidative stressmediated toxicity on male fertility pattern of Wistar rats. Electromagn Biol Med. 2013;33:81-91.
- Fiechter M, Stehli J, Fuchs TA, Dougoud S, Gaemperli O, Kaufmann PA. Impact of cardiac magnetic resonance imaging on human lymphocytes DNA integrity. Eur Heart J. 2013;34:2340-5.
- Jin CQ, Dong HX, Cheng PP, Zhou JW, Zheng BY, Liu F. Antioxidant status and oxidative stress in patients with chronic ITP. Scand J Immunol. 2013;77:482-7.
- Zhang B, Zehnder JL. Oxidative stress and immune thrombocytopenia. Semin Hematol. 2013;50:e1-e4.
Badalova Zebo Abdulkhayrovna
, Postgraduate Student, Department of Pediatric Diseases № 1, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University
Dodkhoev Jamshed Saidboboevich
, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor of the Department of Pediatric Diseases № 1, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University
Saburova Anna Mukhammadievna
, Doctor of Biological Sciences, Full Professor, Professor of the Department of Biochemistry, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University
Address for correspondence:
Badalova Zebo Abdulkhayrovna
Postgraduate Student, Department of Pediatric Diseases № 1, Avicenna Tajik State Medical University
734003, Republic of Tajikistan, Dushanbe, Rudaki Ave., 139
Tel.: +992 (988) 532116
Materials on the topic:
- INDICATORS OF SORPTION ABILITY AND PERMEABILITY OF ERYTHROCYTE MEMBRANES IN CHILDREN AND NEWBORNS, LIVING IN THE AREA OF INCREASED RADIATION BACKGROUND
- THE STRUCTURE OF DISEASES THAT CAUSED DISABILITY AMONG CHILDREN IN THE CITY OF DUSHANBE
- SPA TREATMENT OF CHILDREN WITH ENVIRONMENTAL-BURDENED PYELONEPHRITIS ASSOCIATED WITH DISORDERS OF PURINE EXCHANGE
- SOME CLINICAL AND IMMUNOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF FREQUENT SICK CHILDREN WITH HYPOTROPHY
- MANIFESTATIONS OF METABOLIC SYNDROME IN CHILDREN OF 10-14 YEARS WITH OVERWEIGHT AND OBESITY
- THE MAIN HEMOSTATIC PROFILES OF NEWBORN INFANT WITH NEONATAL ENCEPHALOPATHY IN WINTER PERIOD
- STATE OF THE SPECIFIC COMPONENT OF IMMUNITY IN CHILDREN WITH HYPOTROPHY
- LEVEL OF REACTIVE OXYGEN SPECIES IN CHILDREN UNDER 5 YEARS OF AGE, LIVING IN THE HIGHER RADIATION BACKGROUND AREA
- THE STATE OF MICROCIRCULATION AND TYPES OF HEMODYNAMIC DISORDERS IN CHILDREN WITH VEGETATIVE DYSTONY SYNDROME
- MORPHOFUNCTIONAL AND CYTOCHEMICAL PARALLELS IN HEREDITARY HAEMOLYTIC ANAEMIA IN CHILDREN